Flagpole and First Outing on the New Boat

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

Flagpole and First Outing on the New Boat

Post by KeithBoll »

After waiting for seven months for my boat to be built - I finally got it delivered the night before my one week vacation!
We spent time in Sequim going crabbing and shrimping - and that was a lot of fun.
But the real reason for this boat - is for diving!

My boat is a 24 foot North River Seahawk Hardtop. I had a "bait table" especially made out of stainless steel as a platform to put your BCD/tank on as you gear up. Also included is a dive ladder (longer and stronger than a typical swim ladder), heated cabin, and a windless.

Our maiden diving voyage was to one of my favorite boat dive locations on the Hood: Flagpole.
Wind was super calm - and less than one foot waves... it was a beautiful, sunny day.
Viz on the first dive (right before slack high tide) was outstanding - close to 25 feet (outstanding for August!).
Found three female GPOs with eggs in three of the usual (and most popular) dens!
Lots of the normal wolf eels - and one new couple that I don't remember seeing before.
Lots of nudies on the sand on the shallow side of the pinnacles.

I am super excited about visiting regularly and checking on these three "Moms".
And - it was a great day to be diving off my own boat - it's been five years since I had a dive boat!
Attachments
Keith and His Boat (1 of 1).jpg
GPO on Eggs at Flagpole (1 of 1).jpg
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Flagpole and First Outing on the New Boat

Post by YellowEye »

Very cool! Congrats!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

What a fantastic report. I'm so happy for you!!! We need more boat pics please. Sooo cool about the octos on eggs! I hope we can dive with you soon 😻💖🐙🐙🐙🥚🐣🥚🐣🐙🛥
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Congrats on the new boat and I love the name of it (Seahawk).

Great photo of that GPO on eggs too!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Wow, gorgeous boat, I would LOVE to dive it one day. I am good with gas money, and can even tie knot
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

Keith: The boat seems well thought out. Congratulations. I look forward to reading about your exploits. Are you naming the boat?
-Curt
Happy to be alive.