God's Pocket!! ❤️ 🇨🇦

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
SEAriously
Avid Diver

God's Pocket!! ❤️ 🇨🇦

Post by SEAriously »

I know many people are excited to get back to our favorite places in Canada now that the boarders are open, and I have to say the wait has been worth it! We just got back from some of the most AWESOME dives we have ever had, I even got to experience my 300th dive on Browning Wall.

We had around 100' Vis, and some of the most epic dives of our lives. Including one dive where we saw a Lions Mane on the decent, followed by the largest Red Octo we had ever seen. (I spotted it below us after it threw a crab carapace at Tim. 🤣) Tim found his first candy stripe shrimp, AND we saw our first Rock Greenling on our safety stop. It even started attacking Tim's wide angle. We were so happy after that dive we came out of the water screaming!

The staff as always, was amazing. Sage treated us with gourmet food every meal. Seriously, it was some of the best food at GP we've ever had, and for those of you that are regulars, you know that's extremely high praise. Bryan was our dive master, his first time DMing at GP, and he did an amazing job, super helpful and friendly. While Camille kept everything running behind the scenes.

I have to give a special call out to Captain Al, his experience and his knowledge of that area are simply unparalleled. He gave us some of the most detailed dive briefings I've ever had, and even brought us to some sites we had never done before. Plus, he had some great stories of diving "in the old days" when he owned his own dive shop and live aboard. If you get Captain Al on your trip up there, you should count your lucky stars.

There are a few Covid Rules in place while we were there, like we needed to wear masks while inside on the boat. Because of this they have also installed a canopy on the Hurst Isle so that if you don't want to go into the cabin and it was raining it's not quite as uncomfortable. Which I was skeptical of at first, but ended up really appreciating.

Over all I am extremely happy to report that the new owners are keeping up Bill and Annie's legacy. ❤️
(Will post pictures soon, Tim took over 1,000 a day!)
Last edited by SEAriously on Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: God's Pocket!! ❤️ 🇨🇦

Post by YellowEye »

Yay! Great to hear this report! Congrats on the sightings, can't wait to see the pics/video!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: God's Pocket!! [emoji3590] [emoji1063]

Post by Tangfish »

Wowwww and #300 at that!!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Freaking epic!!! So happy for you guys!!! Congratulations on 300!!! I had my dive 500 there also! It's the best place to celebrate 🥂😻🦐🍭🥳🧜‍♀️🐟🐙 congrats on Rocky also!!!!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
LorD-VisionZ
Getting To Know Folks

Post by LorD-VisionZ »

Congrats on your 300th! 1000 pictures a day? Wow. Sounds like he needs another vacation just to process them
Max Bottomtime
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Max Bottomtime »

Yay Christa! You had an epic trip. Merry and I arrive Friday with hopes of a little bit of that luck.
SEAriously
Avid Diver

Post by SEAriously »

That took awhile! But here's some of our favorite shots!
New Profile Picture?
New Profile Picture?
A Grumpy Red Irish Lord
A Grumpy Red Irish Lord
Rocky!
Rocky!
DSC05499.jpg
Tim had fun with his new snoot.
Tim had fun with his new snoot.
DSC06107.jpg
While not technically the best shot. Still a good capture of a fun encounter!
While not technically the best shot. Still a good capture of a fun encounter!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Very cool! Beautiful! The cirri on that Rock Greenling are stunning!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Freaking awesome snaps! I'm drooling 😂 over here ❤️🇨🇦😍🐙❤️🐟🦄🌈🐟💚🤿📸🇨🇦💕🌊 soooooo excited to go there in 9 days !!!! 🥳 Love your new profile pic. Also ROCKY snaps are epic!!!! 😍😍😍
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
SEAriously
Avid Diver

Post by SEAriously »

Finally finished going through all my GoPro footage! Here's a link to my video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsvJfCnmGzw
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

SEAriously wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:14 pm Finally finished going through all my GoPro footage! Here's a link to my video

I just rewatched this but on a bigger screen (TV rather than my phone where I initially saw it). What a delightful video and omg the size of the Wolfies up there!
SEAriously
Avid Diver

Post by SEAriously »

Tangfish wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:13 pm
SEAriously wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:14 pm Finally finished going through all my GoPro footage! Here's a link to my video

I just rewatched this but on a bigger screen (TV rather than my phone where I initially saw it). What a delightful video and omg the size of the Wolfies up there!
Glad you liked it! The life up there is so rich!
Boxxstudio
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Boxxstudio »

Great video and nice job editing!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Hey, great video, really fun to watch! Thank you for sharing!