houghton beach park: FAIL!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
lamont
I've Got Gills

houghton beach park: FAIL!

Post by lamont »

this park is on the eastside just north of 520.

there is milfoil all over the place now. it is only cut back once you get out far enough that the boat props have cut it back. however, now you are still on the surface and have lots of boat props whizzing around you. bad scene. bagged it. never even got the wing deflated.

maybe in the wintertime, when there's less boat traffic and no milfoil, definitely not good for the summertime.

FAIL
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: houghton beach park: FAIL!

Post by H20doctor »

Yes Lamont hitting the lake right now is a bad idea, esp with the hot weather and all the waterskiiing, Pwc sit downs, and just sun worshippers...I drove over both bridges, I-5 and 90... lots of boats, and lots of good times out on our lakes... WINTER RULES.......!!!!!!
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

what is funny about this attempt is that we probably learned more about diving (another condition for when to bail on a dive even though it hasn't gotten started yet) than we would have on the 10-billionth+1 dive at cove2, but this isn't loggable as a dive...
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Just out of curiosity, what was the potential dive objective?
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

Nwbrewer wrote:Just out of curiosity, what was the potential dive objective?
various wrecks off of houghton beach. i think the scout (?) is about 2,000 ft offshore.