Dive #700

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
gcbryan
Submariner

Dive #700

Post by gcbryan »

I did dive #700 tonight. I had intended for it to be at Skyline and I had intended for it to be several months ago! Things didn't work out and other interests got in the way as well therefore dive #700 was at (you guessed it) Cove 2 #-o

Oh well! The viz wasn't great but it was good to be back in the water. We saw a small Grunt Sculpin, a Decorated Warbonnet, GPO, and a school of Tubesnouts. I see that the Honeybear is quite deteriorated at this point

We had a mini-birthday celebration for a friend of mine afterward at a bar, I also ran into an old diving buddy radio personality Ichabod Kane riding his brand new loaner Harley Davidson motorcycle (practicing for some charity event) and some kind of hawk flew by. So there were some unique aspects to this evening but not so much below water!

Skyline will happen before too many dives go by as will many more non-Cove 2 dives I hope! Now if the Sixgills will only show up I think my interest in Cove 2 may be rekindled!
Last edited by gcbryan on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: Dive #700

Post by Grateful Diver »

Congrats, Gray ... although Cove 2 may be just a mudhole, it's OUR mudhole and hopefully we'll always be able to find something special about the place. I've done a couple of my "milestone" dives there as well.

I haven't seen a sixgill yet this year ... wish you the best finding one (or several) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

Congrats Gray!

Want to head to Owens Beach?
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Very cool Gray, congratulations!
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

Congrats Gray!! Looks like we're neck 'n' neck since I just did my 700th a couple days before you did yours. I kept thinking I wanted a special celebration when I did the Devil's Dive (#666) but I forgot. And then I thought I'd do something special for #700, but I forgot for that one too.

Oh well! At least I got to dive off Lopez island for my 700th!

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Congratulations, Gray!

I've been thinking about you quite often recently, and think we need to go diving together again. Maybe find a weekday to go up to Skyline? I'll bring scooters . . . :)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

nwscubamom wrote: I kept thinking I wanted a special celebration when I did the Devil's Dive (#666) but I forgot. And then I thought I'd do something special for #700, but I forgot for that one too.

Janna, it sounds like your memory is slipping... :evil4: Like mine!

It could be we're getting old, or it could just be CRS ( Can't Remember what the "S" stands for ....)???? \:D/

Oh yeah, Congratulations Gray!!
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

Why Scott, are those horns on your head that I see???

Enquiring minds want to know...

I will hit the big Five- O on Monday, so my deteriorating memory at least has an excuse!!

Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

nwscubamom wrote:Why Scott, are those horns on your head that I see???

Enquiring minds want to know...

I will hit the big Five- O on Monday, so my deteriorating memory at least has an excuse!!

Hi Janna,

Yes, those are horns on my hood. You can thank Crickett for those (Otterbay)! :dontknow:

Happy half-century!!! :occasion5: I'm right behind you, so definitely understand the deteriorating memory. Of course I prefer to blame it on too much helium or too many dives. :violent3:
gcbryan
Submariner

Post by gcbryan »

LCF wrote:Congratulations, Gray!

I've been thinking about you quite often recently, and think we need to go diving together again. Maybe find a weekday to go up to Skyline? I'll bring scooters . . . :)
Sounds like a plan. I'll get out the TideLog and find some possibilities. Scooters...did you say scooters! I'd like to try one of those!

You probably won't believe it but until a week or two ago you were my most recent dive buddy!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Very cool! Congrats on #700!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Congrats to you {Gcbryan} And Janna for 700 dives :smt119 That Awesome! :supz:

Wow Janna, 50? I would never had thought it, even for a moment. You Rock! Here's to your Big 5-0! :occasion5:
The years have been kind to you :)
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: