Viz Reports Thread

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Re: Viz Reports Thread

Post by stphnmartin »

11/12 EUP 20-25 feet
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

11/13 Three Tree North was 25-30' - very nice!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
bm5w
Frequent Bubbler

Post by bm5w »

11/13 7:30p, Redondo 30+ ft vis from the surface down to 60 ft. If you can stand the cold, get out and dive!
DecidedlyOdd
Aquaphile

Post by DecidedlyOdd »

Tonight at Mukilteo T-dock at high tide, it had to be at least 30ft. Great viz!
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

Friday 11/21 Mukilteo Oil Dock Vertical 50 feet+ horizontal 30+ feet a little hazy

Vis will probably get blown out this week with the potential flooding on the the Snohomish usually takes about 3 days for it to get bad.

Mike
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Muk T dock

Post by Mateo1147 »

11/28. Viz was +- 2' down to 30'. After that a respectable 15' to almost 20'.
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!
isac777
Frequent Bubbler

Post by isac777 »

Oil dock today was 0-3' down to 30' but then a respectable 15-20..one time I don't bring the crab bag we roll up on THE BIOMASS
taylortex
Frequent Bubbler

Post by taylortex »

11/30 Sund rock 2' vis down to 20', then 10' vis down to 40', and 20' vis below 50', just low light beyond that but decent.

Thick brown blurry halocline on the surface to 15'. Wind chop and drift logs/debris made it weird too....
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

11/30 @ Cove 2 ... 0-2 feet above 20', 3-5 feet between 20 and 40', OK below 40'

Top 10-15 feet had a temperature drop of about 6 degrees F ... water temps were 43-44 in that range ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Radio
Avid Diver

Post by Radio »

12/3 Redondo around 10-15' viz from 0-50'
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

When were you there? I arrived at Redondo around 4:30 and was in the water by 5 last evening ... and I was the only diver around. There was another pair gearing up as I was leaving.

I concentrated on checking out the shallows off the south beach ... getting in right near the boat ramp and heading south for about 30 minutes before turning around. Vis was, as you said ... maybe 10-12 feet in the shallows. The bottom near the boat ramp was pretty well scoured from the storm, but as I moved away from the structure it got consistently more "normal", showing less ill effects from the week-end's storm. Perhaps that's because the wind and waves were coming from the northwest, and the structure of the boat ramp and pier provided some shelter.

I was mostly there to see how the wildlife had been affected ... particularly the lumpsuckers. Am happy to report that I found a few ... not as many as a week earlier, and little else besides those and a bunch of crustaceans ... but I was thrilled to see that the lumpies had survived the storm. I was worried that they'd have gotten tossed up into the street, given how shallow they like to live.

There's still a lot of sediment in the water ... but it's way better than it had been a couple days ago. I think by the week-end, vis should be pretty much back to "normal" for this time of year.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

EUWP - 12/3, 7pm - about 10 ft of vis.

Just an FYI...
It was a zero tide heading into a minus one when we splashed so vis was murky. It would probably have been better at a higher tide.

Note to self - don't dive Edmonds on a low tide - We were in ankle deep water for a good distance past the jetty. It probably would have been better to leave the tanks at home and snorkel the site.
Radio
Avid Diver

Post by Radio »

[quote="Grateful Diver"]When were you there? I arrived at Redondo around 4:30 and was in the water by 5 last evening ... and I was the only diver around. There was another pair gearing up as I was leaving.

We were in the water around noon. We were looking for lumpies on the north side in the eel grass, we didn't find any so I'm glad to hear you had better luck on the south side!
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Muk (12/6) Scooting to Boeing Pier, Viz was generally 5-10ft, and at times 10 was generous.

Between that and the current, we bagged a 2nd fin kick dive.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Viz in the lake at the Bomber, Corsair, and Leschi Wall was 15-25 ft.

Pretty good!
DecidedlyOdd
Aquaphile

Post by DecidedlyOdd »

Vis this evening at Day Island Wall around slack before flood (low tide) wasn't great, but still diveable. Probably 10ft.
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

12/21 Fox Island Bridge 25 feet. Fox Island West Wall 20 ft.
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

stphnmartin wrote:12/21 Fox Island Bridge 25 feet. Fox Island West Wall 20 ft.
Awesome! Would love a report of your dive on the Bridge!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Tom Nic wrote:Awesome! Would love a report of your dive on the Bridge!
Tom, I took some video and will post once I have time to chop it up.
DecidedlyOdd
Aquaphile

Post by DecidedlyOdd »

This afternoon at ...

Three Tree Point North on the ebb: a hazy 15ft
Redondo at around slack before flood: a hazier 10ft
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

Whalen Island (Monkeyface Prickleback Colony) near Tillamook Oregon on 12/25: A whopping two feet AT BEST.
Diving by braille.
- Janna
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Muk - 1930 splash, a little bit of surf and whitecaps, but very diveable. Viz around 15 fsw.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
VitusVenture
Frequent Bubbler

Post by VitusVenture »

Was out at Mukilteo on Wednesday, the 7th. In the water around 10:30am. Very foggy topside, and strong current. Viz was about a foot in the first 10' of water, but got much better below that band of silt. Was basically a night dive once it cleared up!
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

1/10 Blakely Rock, cloudy 15-20 feet.
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

1/17 Blakely Rock 25 feet. Quite nice.