Viz Reports Thread

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Re: Viz Reports Thread

Post by jmartel »

Alki Junkyard was a good 10' today.
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Vjw »

6/9. Salt creek 25 - 30 ft past the kelp.
6/10. Sunrise 20 ft along wall. 10 ft in shallows
Jhelly88
Avid Diver

Post by Jhelly88 »

Cove 2 (6/12 & 6/13): 10-15ft (surprising I know!)
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Vjw »

6/17. Alki junkyard was 15 ft (even in shallows) and cloudy 20 in parts.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

6/16

Sledgehammer, shallow, around 100ft+, down to 360, was around 50ft

The cars, was worse, shallow was same(100ft+) , down to 220 in some spots less than 10ft, but mostly around 20ft.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

6/17/18 Fathers Day dive ... Always seem to make a dive on this day in memory of my dad....RIP pops (He was originally NAUI certified in 1970, old school dive buddy of Ohop Diver)

PTownsend waterfront was 8`ish. Pretty hazy.
Dove with 60South and A-Aron, thanks for coming along fellows.
ohopdiver
Aquaphile

Post by ohopdiver »

McGlencoe wrote:6/17/18 Fathers Day dive ... Always seem to make a dive on this day in memory of my dad....RIP pops (He was originally NAUI certified in 1970, old school dive buddy of Ohop Diver)

PTownsend waterfront was 8`ish. Pretty hazy.
Dove with 60South and A-Aron, thanks for coming along fellows.
Many fond memories of your dad with his single 72, Mae West, 3 prong Hawaiian sling and a goodie bag full of fish.
bm5w
Frequent Bubbler

Post by bm5w »

6/23 Day Island Wall, slack before ebb. 15ft
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

6/24 vis was fantastic, 35-40', at TTN. And there was an abundance of parking, on a sunny Sunday no less. *cue the Ice Cube song*
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Tangfish wrote:6/24 vis was fantastic, 35-40', at TTN. And there was an abundance of parking, on a sunny Sunday no less. *cue the Ice Cube song*
Today was a good day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Saturday 6/23/2018 - The Wreck formerly known as the MT6, we had a pretty good 10ft @205ft, which for there is exceptionally good.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
kerbyk
Avid Diver

Post by kerbyk »

Sat/Sun June 23/24 dove cove 2 both days with students. When we got out of our own propwash, viz was 15ft+...not awful!
Any pizza is a "personal pizza" if you just believe in yourself.
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

Keystone on Saturday, 7-7-18. A dirty 10 ft along the jetty and pilings. There were a few spots in the shallows in-between where it was a sunny 15' in the kelp. Really pleasant. Also, the missing Lings may be returning :norris: :supz:
Party underwater
djmcmath
Frequent Bubbler

Post by djmcmath »

Edmonds Dive Park 7/8/2018 -- 3-5 feet of visibility.
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

SAT 7/07
DECEPTION PASS : 15-20 feet viz, better once slack hit :luv: :eric: :taco:
KEYSTONE : 10-15 feet milky viz, on line from pilings to Jetty, nice and sunny with kelp in shallows. :joshsmith:

SUN 7/08
KEYSTONE : 10-15 feet milky viz, all the way to end of jetty :pirate:
SKYLINE : 15-20 feet viz, the sea cucmbers were eating in force :burntchef: :taco: :partydance:
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Redondo 7-9. Super low tide, fairly good sized exchange, mini Redondo river, 10' initially then opened to a nice 20' as we went north. South side was terrible 3' to 8' or so.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

TTN 7 - 10. Dive 1, very low tide, ripping current, kelp all over everything, schmutz flying, 20'ish viz. Dive 2, high slack, lots of whale snot in the water, 30' viz, very nice. Hopefully we will get some of our really good Summer viz soon!
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
GearHead
Submariner

Viz Reports Thread

Post by GearHead »

Saltwater State Park on 7/15: horizontal visibility was 25' plus. Vertical visibility was such that shimmering light from the surface was still visible at 50'. Temperature was a balmy 54 degrees at depth.
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

Mukilteo T-Dock on Saturday 7-14-18. Got in at the low minus 3 tide. Vis was 6" down to 5ft, then about 2-5ft of algae bloom toilet water to 20ft or so. Below that it opened up to a clear 20-30ft from the dome all the way down to the man. It was really nice. Not much crab there this year but i still got enough to make last nights dinner extra delicious.
Party underwater
djmcmath
Frequent Bubbler

Post by djmcmath »

Rockaway Beach Park, Bainbridge Island, 7/16 -- 12-15ft visibility at depth, murky 'n green in the shallows.

We hit it about an hour before high tide. Current was mild, maybe half a knot to the south. Entered at the buoy, followed the line out to the first reef, then followed downslope to the second ~90ft reef. Plenty of anenome, sea cuces, crabs, and stars. No wolf eels or octo. Two nudibranchs. My buddy thinks he saw a shark rolling past the shallow reef, but I'm not convinced.
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

Sun 7-15 - Mukilteo T-Dock

Milky white viz was about 6-12" down to about 30' then it opened up, getting better as we went deeper. We probably had 20' or so at 130'.

Hit the geodome on the second pass through, lot's of fish hanging out, including a big rat fish.

Pretty good current though and it was depth dependent. Wasn't too bad below 100', wasn't too bad above 40', definitely wished we had brought scooters for that in between depth.

Breakfast after at the DK brewery was awesome with a chicken fried steak and an Irish porter with a shot of espresso in it!
MariaT
Avid Diver

Post by MariaT »

7/21 - Redondo. Pretty good viz like 20-30ft(?), somewhat varied with depth and time, looked better below 40ft. We did 2 dives around 12:30pm and 3pm.
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

Sun 7-22 - Port Townsend Waterfront

Awesome in the 0-10' depth, then it was murky until about 50' and then opened to 20'~ at depth

Splashed around noon at the Maritime Center and @60South had the timing spot on, the current was pretty much non-existent and we had a nice leisurely hour dive out the rocks to the barge then down down past the barge to the flats and slowly circled back around to the boat launch.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

7 - 24, TTN 30+ with lots of schmutz in the water!
Greg Jensen
Amphibian

Post by Greg Jensen »

Sund Friday 27th- awful from 10-50 feet