Viz Reports Thread

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Re: Viz Reports Thread

Post by jmartel »

Rockaway Beach on Bainbridge 5/16 was about 10ft at best, more like 5ft in the shallows. Lots of nudis out though.
RVbldr
Aquaphile

Post by RVbldr »

Cove 2, ebb tide, still craptastic down to about 30-35 then opens up to a dark 10-15ish.
flavadave
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by flavadave »

Edmonds 5-30, 5-31

Was good to get back to Edmonds. Viz was about what I expected. Lol. Not great but not too bad. Another diver getting out said that it had, in fact, improved a little bit. He claimed 15 foot viz. But it honestly looked like 20 or 30 to me! Low-exchange day and minimal currents made for a pleasant dive despite the rain. The second dive of the day was a bit murkier.

And it just kept raining!

I think all that rain might have impacted things because sunday was about the worst viz I've had at Edmonds. Maybe 5 to 10 feet viz? But this time we got some cloud break and sunny skies so it was still a nice day. Again, low currents are always a good thing and we were able to manage following the lines. Once you know you're way around...who needs viz? Just got to get closer to everything! Still found the tug and the lings. All good.

Hoping things clear up quickly back to the 20-25 foot of Saturday.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Lobster shop wall on saturday. Even at 112ft couldnt get under it. We bagged it.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

Went to Skyline today (6/2/20 ) afterwork expecting a macro hunt in the dark. Somehow the vis was almost 20 ft at times during slack, even with all the fornicating animals dirtying things up inappropriately! When the ebb kicked in it brought some dirtier water to the top 40 ft and the vis was back to normal for the drift home.

Also it has turned into candyland down there in the last month, if you know what I mean..... :eek: :partydance:
Party underwater
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Post by orcasc205 »

Three Tree Point - North

We made a last minute decision to hit Three Tree Point - North this afternoon on the slack before ebb. Visibility was 5-10 feet down to about 30 feet depth where it opened up to 15 feet or so. Had a punk-ass harbor seal decide it would be funny to tug on our fins repeatedly. Every time we turned around to look at it, it would do a couple flips before taking off into the darkness.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

15 or so at depth at junkyard on the flood today
C9F2F7C5-95B9-468D-A468-1760CA22F031.jpeg
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Dove Sund Rock Saturday. Less than 5ft down to around 40, below 70 wasnt bad, 15 or so. Down to 237ft wasnt bad at all.

olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

Sund Rock Sunday June 14

15 ' Vis to about 30 Feet. Opening up a bit below that, maybe 25'. I've definitely dove a lot worse! :calvin:
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

sounds like its improving

60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Port Townsend yesterday, 6/20: 1ft in the shallows, opening up to a spectacular 8ft at depth. Woo-hoo.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

60south wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:02 am Port Townsend yesterday, 6/20: 1ft in the shallows, opening up to a spectacular 8ft at depth. Woo-hoo.
LOL, Hey, I would take 8' of vis happily right now!
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

Sund Rock, South Wall Saturday 6/27/2020 am

Snot-tastic down to 45 -- Sub 5 foot of loose your partner holding hands visibilities

Then opened up reasonably down to 75 or so to 25'+ of vis.

6ish GPO's deep... about as many wolfies shallow... plus some lemon margined and giant nudis... so a solid couple dives
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

Also CRAZY 20F+ thermocline about the same depth -- Literally dropped 20F in 3-5 Feet descent at about 45fsw, if that.

Choose... see things and freeze, or be warm but unable to ascertain tank pressures as you deco.
flavadave
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by flavadave »

Edmonds 6/27, 6/28

Lots of divers this weekend! Especially Saturday. So this created quite a bit of kick up. Viz was generally 5 to 10 feet for the weekend depending on the time of day, cloud cover, and kickup. Still had a great time and saw all the usual stuff. Sunday around 2pm we had the best viz and we were the only divers at that time.
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Keystone yesterday was about 20+ milk viz with sun shining down :eric: :taco: :eric: :taco: ... it was Beautiful! Lots of baby lumpsuckers on the line from Jetty to Pilings :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
ohopdiver
Aquaphile

Post by ohopdiver »

Saturday 6/27/20 Boeing Creek vis was 5 feet down to about 40fsw, 10 at 60fsw, 25 at 80fsw.
Omar vis was barely 3 feet at the bottom, 80 fsw.
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

Sund rock. 11July2020

10+ to about 30 fsw
25 + below that

Improved from a couple weeks ago though seemed to get a bit worse after afternoon winds kicked up yesterday.
fnerg
Dive-aholic

Post by fnerg »

Day Island Wall, 15ft down to 100.

Plenty of GPOs and Wolf Eels as usual!
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

Sunday 8/9/20. We started at Skyline in the morning. Vis was less than 10 ft shallow but "opened up" to the average 10 to 15 below 40 ft. Keystone in the afternoon at max ebb was a glorious 30 ft near the end of the jetty.
Party underwater
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Sept 6, Les Davis

Post by olalladiver »

Great vis at Les Davis ... still had a 5' layer of snot down to about 15 fsw but after that opening up to a glorious 25+ foot of vis. Great day for a dive

Shout out to the young newly certified folks we met there. Keep on diving (sorry, forgot your names already)
Gina L
Getting To Know Folks

Re: Viz Reports Cove 2

Post by Gina L »

Visibility at Cove 2 yesterday was the best I have seen it in a long time 30-35 feet and not chunky at all! Got wet at 4:30PM, so the tide was still incoming, but near high.
Gina L
@lifeofascubadiver
www.ginalusardi.com
Dadn8r
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Dadn8r »

My Wife/Dive buddy and I were at Sund Rock on 9/30 and vis was about zero down to 40 feet and then opened up to about 5-10. We had a good case of "What were we thinking, hitting the Canal this time of year". Lots of contributing factors - large tidal change, lots of rain the week before, late summer/early fall. Lesson learned. :-)
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

25-30 foot viz at the Keystone Aquarium this weekend :luv: :eric: :joshsmith: :eric: :taco: :taco: :taco:
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Dadn8r wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:29 am My Wife/Dive buddy and I were at Sund Rock on 9/30 and vis was about zero down to 40 feet and then opened up to about 5-10. We had a good case of "What were we thinking, hitting the Canal this time of year". Lots of contributing factors - large tidal change, lots of rain the week before, late summer/early fall. Lesson learned. :-)
I'm surprised to hear that! Usually this time of year has good viz and there really wasn't much rain. Thanks for the report!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!