Mukilteo North Pier / video

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Mukilteo North Pier / video

Post by H20doctor »

a few wekk ago joe "Fistig " and i did a dive on the north navy pier... I heard a diver talking about a Reef on the other side of the dock and it was in about 45 feet of water.... he said that it was large boulders and there was a few large ling cods and other life on it... So joe and i waded down the shoreline to the dock and it took about ten minutes to get there.... once there we swam through to the otherside and there is a small beack there with sand... we swam out about 30 feet and dropped.... once down i can only descibe it as YUK... very stagnant area that doesnt get much water or current because of the dock... lots and lots clam shells and this grey brown silty stuff on the bottom.... after about ten min of swimming there was no reef.. and i think this diver was confused.....we then swam over to the Pier and got ready to go through it to the other side... Now under this pier its dark!!! i mean its like black as black can be even during the day.... once we got in it turned out to be ratfish city... and they were big and fat... I have never seen fat ratfish like this before.. We got through and then headed back to the T dock swimming in about 25 feet of water... we did come up on a area of bricks and debris from and old dock cause there were still pillings there and this is where we saw the lings... ver cool dive under the navy pier but the darkness of the dock really creeps me out even with my good light ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0KafqMtsaA
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Re: Mukilteo North Pier / video

Post by sheahanmcculla »

When I worked at SPD someone told me the same thing about a reef over there. He said it was like a 6’ tall rocky ledge, with large boulders. I had always wanted to look for it, but never got the chance. But he made it sound like it was 50 yards past the oil dock. Good video, keep them coming! Also do you think there are some big Octos with all those clam shells????

Sheahan
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

There are so many clams shells there I don't know how they got there... ? I think and it looks like they were dumped there by either a processing station on the dock ? OR maybey from the starfish ? Its amazing cause there are thousands of clam shells there ..
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

Yeah - Kazillions of them.
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.