Strong Water Resort

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Strong Water Resort

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Just spent a weekend up at Kal and Ann's new place, Strong Water Resort.

Kal picked us up in Egmont at the dock and took us for a 10 minute ride to the new place. It was dark, pouring down rain and we couldn't see a thing. A few people went diving but we relaxed in the main house, had some dinner and enjoyed everyone's company. All meals are included and Ann is a great cook. We all bring our own soda and alcohol so it was a bit of a party all weekend.

There are 5 yurts and a small guest house. Most of the yurts have 2 full-size beds in them. My husband Tom and I got the yurt with a queen size bed. I had no idea what to expect but it was beautiful. The yurts are much nicer than the cabins at the old place. It was all propane heated and the bed was wonderful. We really liked it and it was quite romantic :smt038

We awoke the next morning to a view of snow-dusted mountains and crystal clear fjord. It is so hard to describe. I had seen the photos but I never imagined it could be so beautiful. I am so jealous of Kal and Ann.

As for the diving, It was a bit cold (well, it is November) but no haloclyne so we could see straight down the walls. We did Captain Island Mark Wall, Egmont Point (my favorite dive), Sutton Island, Agamemnon Wall and Swede island. Those who did the Friday evening dive, were right in front of the resort and also said it was amazing. I was at 105 feet on Agamemnon wall and could see ripples on the surface. It was incredibly clear. Puget Sound King Crab everywhere. The walls had huge Cloud Sponges and soft coral down deeper. In all the years we dove out of Sechelt, we loved it but it was no where near as clear or as beautiful as this part of the Sunshine Coast.

Kal and Ann are still working on getting everything up and running. The hot tubs will be installed in the next few weeks, along with better stairs down to the dock. They will be putting windows in the yurts and adding photos too. It is a work in progress but over the next few months, the place will be just get better and better.

If you get a chance to go up and dive with them, we encourage you to do so. The new place is about an hour farther up the road, and is much more secluded. However, if you want a quiet place with world class diving, I encourage you to check it out.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
wascuba40
Just Settling In

Re: Strong Water Resort

Post by wascuba40 »

Our club spent a long weekend diving with Kal and Ann this past year and had so much fun we booked another weekend in Feb 09. Yes Ann is a great cook! I am glad to read that the new place is nice, comfortable, and the diving was spectacular.

I cannot wait to go.

Thanks for the report.
pam
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

links???
wascuba40
Just Settling In

Post by wascuba40 »