great to be back in water again

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

great to be back in water again

Post by no excuses »

Its been almost 10 years but I finally got back in the water again, spent the weekend up at Glen Ayr outside of Hoodsport and had a great time. Made a dive on Friday with a buddy and wow it has been a long time lol. He has not been diving for 2-3 years, we both had lots of new gear and lots of very excitted nerves. Was like starting over again lol. Between trying to get our weighting right, fguring out new gear and some gear that just did not fit well (fins lol) we both were pretty whipped before we even got wet. But needless to say we did not have to worry about getting into deco diving :laughing3: .

Sat. we both went and picked up some new fins that fit us, dropped the boat in the water at Potlach and the GF and I met him back at the docks and had a pretty wet ride, I knew I should have worn my dry suit :crybaby: . My buddies ears where bothering him but we managed to get a couple of dives in again right of the docks (actually of the boat :supz: ) and were feeling much more comfortable in the water. Got some time in, getting that old comfy feeling back, man it was great to be back down. Hmm why did I wait so long :dontknow: .

Sunday we got up and he could not dive as his ears said no to that idea, so we loaded up in the RIB and headed out for a boat ride. What a great day for a ride, smooth as glass, sun was out, and great friends on board. We went as far up as Jorsted Creek with stops at Sund rock and Octo hole on the way up and back. Saw half doz. rigs at Sund rock and no bubbles at Octo. hole. At Jorsted creek the GF started wanting to know if we could head back so she could go do some snorkling back at the docks so we headed back and I spent about a hour just messing around on the surface with her and watching her enjoy herself. Then it was time to load up and head home for a 2 hour road trip.

Cannot say enuff about the service and accomadations at Glenn Ayr, we will def. be back there. Vis was 20-30 untill we silted it up :evil4: . Also a big thank you to Marty (the buddy [-X ) and Marie(the GF \:D/ ) for a great weekend. Oh yeh if u see a grey and orange Avon 5.4SR RIB with Oregon tags on it stop and say hi. WIll try and get a few pics up later

stan..