3TN on 12-08-08

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

3TN on 12-08-08

Post by cardiver »

Tom, Bill and I did a couple of dives at 3TN this morning. Viz was about 40 fsw and if it would have been sunny out we could have seen 50 fsw. We did two nice dives at right about 60 minutes each and had a great time.
Attachments
CIMG1572.JPG
CIMG1524.JPG
CIMG1526.JPG
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: 3TN on 12-08-08

Post by Tom Nic »

Love the Warbonnett! Great day to be diving... I'll see if I can't get a pic or two uploaded.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Some of my pics are here.

Winter viz is definitely here! With the die off of Summer's vegetation some critters go away for whereever it is they go during the Winter, and some seem to "come out". Perhaps they aren't really coming out, perhaps it's just that we can see them now whereas before they had a ton of stuff to hide under.

There are tons of gunnels to be found. At Redondo they are a bit easier to see, i.e. more accessible. You can see many of them in the tire piles, but there is not way to get to them to photograph them. I really like the Wine color on this one:

The springs and hitch on the old trailer that's down there have been turned into a Gunnel Condo!

"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

So from Opalescent or white Dironia Nudies to Gunnels of every size and color.
Is there ever a thing such as "too many pictures of Gunnels?" :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :dontknow:

Gotta love that Vis. :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

Keith..... just 1 more picture of a gunnel for ya!! :partyman:

didn't know he was there till I started looking at some of my pictures!
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
Huskychemist
Dive-aholic

Post by Huskychemist »

Loved the gunnel condo.

And 40 fsw of vis? Really? Wow.

I miss cold water diving and the critters of Puget Sound.

Although water temperatures on my last dive Sunday were all the way down to 27 degrees Celsius. (Almost 81 degrees Farenheit.) It was so cold one of the guys on the boat put on a hood.
Happy Diving!

Lowell, aka Huskychemist

http://scuba.huskychemist.org
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Huskychemist wrote:Loved the gunnel condo.

And 40 fsw of vis? Really? Wow.

I miss cold water diving and the critters of Puget Sound.

Although water temperatures on my last dive Sunday were all the way down to 27 degrees Celsius. (Almost 81 degrees Farenheit.) It was so cold one of the guys on the boat put on a hood.
Thanks Lowell! You know how rare and loved good viz is around here! Water temp... another story. It's been 49 degrees pretty regularly are TTN - Heading toward Winter temps! I remember 84 degree water in Bonaire, but only vaguely somewhere off in the recesses of my mind. Wish I could dive with you in Thailand!

Bill that's a great shot of the barnacles - turned out really nice.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

bnboly wrote:Keith..... just 1 more picture of a gunnel for ya!! :partyman:

Hate to say it But I see no gunnel... :dontknow: I do see a nice little sculpin with a red and white collar though
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Dusty2 wrote:
bnboly wrote:Keith..... just 1 more picture of a gunnel for ya!! :partyman:

Hate to say it But I see no gunnel... :dontknow: I do see a nice little sculpin with a red and white collar though
I thought Gunnel too! But now that you mention Sculpin I'm thinkin' War Bonnet? No. I still think it's another one of those pesky little Gunnels! But we could be wrong. Jenna? Tom? anyone else want to chime in?

Nice picture Bill! :supz:
So even when you are taking a picture of something cool and original, The little Gunnel has to jump in there and "Strike a pose!" He thinks he's, "All that, and a bag of chips!" :smt051

Too bad you cant get a female Painted Greenling to pose like that. At least every time I see Tom, try to get a picture of one, it Scrambles just before the flash fires. Hmmmm? Do yo think they know...?
Last edited by BASSMAN on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

OOPS!!! #-o Keith had me so worked up about gunnels........ :crybaby:
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!