Maui Review & Black Rock...

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Samson

Maui Review & Black Rock...

Post by Samson »

Soo, We spent 4 days in Maui at Kaanapali beach Hotel. What a great relaxed place! Decent food, right on the beach.. killer mai tai's! :partyman: We signed up with Maui Dive shop in Lahaina to get my wife and son finished with there final open water dives. They are a good bunch over there. Thier instructor Matt was a great guy. Extremely patient and did a great job with my son. Anyhoo, we spent the next three days diving black rock. The water was a consistant 78 degrees. Had no problems getting cold even with a 2mm shorty on. Awesome place. Tons of life, lots of turtles swimming right in your face like you were not even there! I had to move out of there way or I swear they would have just pushed me aside to get by! 40-80 ft vis... it was improving as the days went by as we arrived right on the tail of a storm that had just gone through.... Lots of eels,.. no sharks or seals that we were hoping to see, but maybe next time. Anyway,.... I highly recommend this place. It was a bargain. The only draw back is that it is a LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG walk packing your gear to and from the water. I believe we are heading back for spring break.... Counting the days already.....

Anybody diving sunday...? Thought we might go hit EUP........
Hawaii 063.jpg
Hawaii 067.jpg
Hawaii 047.jpg
Hawaii 154.jpg
Attachments
Hawaii 152.jpg
Last edited by Samson on Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samson

Re: Maui Review & Black Rock...

Post by Samson »

More pics....

lil fish right after a morey attack...
Hawaii 061.jpg
Hawaii 074.jpg
Hawaii 078.jpg
The Crew
Hawaii 218.jpg
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Sweet~! I'm gonna be seeking info about Hawaii for a trip next year! I can't wait to dive there.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Samson wrote: The Crew
Hawaii 218.jpg
This one has "Christmas Card" written all over it.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I stayed in Lahina right there at Lahina shores next to the strip.. I got to snorkel the reef right out in front of the Hotel every day .. It was great.. Kanapali.. Keihay..etc..etc.. Loved it.. The thing I most remember about Maui was Snorkle Bob's .. Great pics !!
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Post by Jabberjaw »

There is quit a bit of awesome shore diving in Maui. My favorite is Mekena Landing. This site has everything. Caverns with sharks, a cavern with an airpocket even a couple of swim threws. The night diving is spectacular there. There is Mile Marker 14 that is awesome and the boat launch in Lahina is suppose to be really cool. I let you know when I get back in March.

Greg
Got Water?