EUP--12/`14/08

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Samson

EUP--12/`14/08

Post by Samson »

Hey Hey Hey!!!!

Had an awesome dive with Rick,Sean,Joe, and Pez today at EUP. Vis was awesome... had to have been 40+ today... Water temp was a balmy 47 degrees... Joe got attacked by a Cabby I got a pic of... Very entertaining...
It seems that no matter how much air I pack,,.I end up using it faster and having to surface first, no matter who I am diving with... gotta work on that...Ill let the others give a more detailed dive report,.... We did see some cool wrecks, huge ling cod... amazing....some poor green eel doing the funky chicken dance.....as I didnt know where we were or where we were going,... I cannot tell you where we were at EUP,... Pez and Joe were the tour guides,.. I was the shadow.... but it was an awesome day.... nothing like going for a swim in 30degree weather in december!!!

Anywho... awesome meeting you guys today.. thanks for the dive! Here are a couple pics I took......
Edwards Underwater Park 004.jpg
Edwards Underwater Park.jpg
Edwards Underwater Park 003.jpg
Edwards Underwater Park 001.jpg
Last edited by Samson on Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: EUP--12/`14/08

Post by Norris »

I'll go ahead and agree that it was an awesome day! Samson, Pez, Fishstiq, sunnydude it was great meeting you all and what a fun group. The looks you get from people when you are about to go in the water in 30 degree weather is worth gold.

Now I just have to start learning peoples real names so I am not referring to people as their NWDC handles...whew that may take some time.

So 47 huh? Last day in the wet suit...yippeee

Ill dive with any of you all anytime!

RIck
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

I agree! Nice to meet you all and thanks to Pez & Fishstiq for being our tour guide. 43 minutes of fun on the first dive as a group. Learned some things and met some great people.

Norris and I did a 39 minute dive after everyone else left. Yes, the two 'wet' divers stayed and the 'dry' divers left. :supz: We ended up farther north than the first dive and we were able to see some other parts of the park.

Until next weekend!
Sean
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Glad you guys had a fun snow dive, and thanks for telling us about it!

OH, and by the way, your "green eel doing the funky chicken" was probably a Penpoint Gunnel, one of my favorite critters! And it does look kind of eel like - I've heard that comment from many a person seeing them in a picture for the first time. This is a picture of one of the biggest ones I've ever seen - close to 2' long in the shallows at Three Tree. Apologies in advance for the mini thread hi-jack.

More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Samson

Post by Samson »

Yea, thats the green guy we were looking at.... It kept swimming upside down and then diving head first into the sand like it was dying or something.... ours was only about a foot long.....it was gonna be an easy meal for those monster lings and cabbys down there.....
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

It was good diving with you guys. I was hoping for better visibility, but we managed to find some new structure that I hadn't seen before. I also saw one of the LARGEST lings I've seen yet at EUP. Other than the Big fish, I didn't really see a lot of life, which is strange.

Tom, that shot of the penpoint gunnel is nice! Those are actually one of my favorites as far as gunnels go. I guess the one they saw yesterday was really having a tough time with his buoyancy and trim! :dontknow:
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: EUP--12/14/08

Post by sunnydude »

Here is a picture of all of us after the first dive (last one for the drysuit guys :smt064 ) http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak- ... 1_4745.jpg
Sean