Redondo 1-11-09

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Redondo 1-11-09

Post by mz53480 »

Night dives at Redondo:

Heres the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_G0_GOOq-c

Dad-O and I had 2 great dives yesterday. First dive down to ~75fsw and saw all the fun stuff out front of the aquarium pier.
Octopus under the boat, a plastic baseball bat and some kind of leafy branch down by the big tube.
2nd dive went down to ~50' and out north and found the lampshades and pipes. Found a rat fish and lots of crabs....not too much else going on though. Surfaced just in front of salty's so we had a fun swim back around the pier. #-o
There's an aquarium box down by the toilet now (4:45 on the video), which poses the question:
Are the fish out of the aquarium, or are we in it?
This was our 1st dive at Redondo, and will definately go again. Love the stairs for the entry/exit, scored a great parking space too!

Happy Diving!

MZ
:fish:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo 1-11-09

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Cool video! Thanks for posting. What kind of lights are you guys using?
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

I'm using an Ikelite 50w SPD type w/ tank mount battery. Very brite, but almost too bright while taking video upclose.
http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/spdlite.html

Dad-O is using a hand-held, Dcell battery; UK lightcannon (better for filming up close sometimes).

:supz:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I would have expected the viz to be a lot worse after all the rain. Thanks for the video
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

Cool deal. Thanks for posting the vid. Looks like you guys had a great time at Redondulous. I'm jealous :crybaby:

The rumor of the swing set still lives on... unless someone has captured it on film I still don't believe it to be there.

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Kalatin
Dive-aholic

Post by Kalatin »

The swingset is there and it is fabulous. There should be a picture somewhere of ZenDiver and I playing around on it. It is really more of a porch swing, but is still wicked fun.
"Another marathon, rush hour trek to foolishly compress myself and risk bodily harm and/or death to look at fishies!!! I love it!" - Casey B.
"The circle of life is a bitch when you're hungry." - Sockmonkey
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sockmonkey wrote:The rumor of the swing set still lives on... unless someone has captured it on film I still don't believe it to be there.

i have the secret coordinates. if we can get together before you leave, we can search for it....
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Yup. It's a cream-colored free-standing porch swing. It's there.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

spatman wrote:
Sockmonkey wrote:The rumor of the swing set still lives on... unless someone has captured it on film I still don't believe it to be there.

i have the secret coordinates. if we can get together before you leave, we can search for it....

Let me know when, I want to go swing!
We'll take turns pushing....WHEEEEEE!!!!

:laughing3:
Check out the VIDEOS!
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

Bah... redondo swing, easter bunny, tooth fairy, sant claus, great pumpkin, chanukah harry...
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Sockmonkey wrote:Bah... redondo swing, easter bunny, tooth fairy, sant claus, great pumpkin, chanukah harry...
... don't forget the Cove 1 Monomyth ... (we actually found it on my last dive there) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Grateful Diver wrote:
Sockmonkey wrote:Bah... redondo swing, easter bunny, tooth fairy, sant claus, great pumpkin, chanukah harry...
... don't forget the Cove 1 Monomyth ... (we actually found it on my last dive there) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I don't believe it. If I ever find it, I'm shooting a bag, then I'll tie it off, then head to shore and I'm taking compass headings to triangulate that bitch. Until the day I find see it with my own eyes, I simply don't believe it exists.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

Attachments
20081026_56.JPG
"I seek out more experienced divers who are willing to dive with me, and I buy them beer." :snorkel:

"It was awesome until the point where Bono endorsed it." Fishstiq

"Anyone know a good direction to point me in so i can figure out exactly what i have?" kat