Les Davis on 2/12

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Les Davis on 2/12

Post by cardiver »

I'm happy to report that neither DiverBob or myself were molested, robbed, knifed, shot, or yelled at by any gangsters while gearing up at Les this afternoon. I was however molested by a gull that I must have pissed off. While getting ready to don my kit my first stage was struck by a large amount of seagull droppings! Enough to cover my first stage tank valve and a good portion of my long hose.
After entering the water and avoiding all of the logs and debris, Bob was kind enough to clean things up a bit. We dropped into 20 fsw and continued north to about 70 fsw before turning east. There were quite a few aggressive lings guarding eggs and I saw the largest Warbonnet I've ever seen at the tire piles. The only problem was, as soon as he saw me he backed away into a pipe. I must have taken 10 pics completely blind and I think one caught half of his face (I'll post it later).
On the way back in I noticed a VERY large ling on a huge pile of eggs and I gave him a wide berth. Bob came over and tapped my shoulder showing me that the LARGE ling had vanished. I finned back over to get in close and snap a pic of the eggs when, out of nowhere, here comes a very angry and very large ling! I'm glad no one was shooting video because I screamed like a school girl before I started laughing at myself for being so startled.
It turned out to be a great 60 minute dive and the first dive that Bob and I have done as a buddy team.
I look forward to diving with Bob and the rest of the Thursday night crew again next week!
Attachments
CIMG1815.JPG
CIMG1807.JPG
CIMG1804.JPG
Someone was hungry! A very dead seal....
Someone was hungry! A very dead seal....
CIMG1799.JPG
CIMG1793.JPG
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Re: Les Davis on 2/12

Post by BASSMAN »

Nice report and great pictures! =D>

But can't you see the crime there has risen to include covert bird bombings.
I bet you thought that was a real bird too :evil4: :smt032 :smt027 :smt051
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

cardiver wrote:I'm happy to report that neither DiverBob or myself were molested, robbed, knifed, shot, or yelled at by any gangsters while gearing up at Les this afternoon. I was however molested by a gull that I must have pissed off. While getting ready to don my kit my first stage was struck by a large amount of seagull droppings! Enough to cover my first stage tank valve and a good portion of my long hose.
Great report, and great visual! I think I would have handled the gangsters better than the seagull. :laughing3:

And now the $64 question - How was the viz?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

30 feet easy! Okay, more like 10 feet.
What do you make of the seal, Tom? Maybe a six gill had him for lunch?
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

cardiver wrote:30 feet easy! Okay, more like 10 feet.
What do you make of the seal, Tom? Maybe a six gill had him for lunch?
Weird. And absolutely no idea.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
DiverBob
Compulsive Diver

Post by DiverBob »

Thanks Ron for a great dive! With the regular Thursday dive leader, Bassman , preparing for their trip north, I was wondering if I was going to get my nitrogen fix on Thursday. A PM was sent to cardiver on Wednesday, and less than 5 min. later he responds with "what time do we meet?" It's good to have great Dive buddies!
Life is good, let's dive!!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

DiverBob wrote:Thanks Ron for a great dive! With the regular Thursday dive leader, Bassman , preparing for their trip north, I was wondering if I was going to get my nitrogen fix on Thursday. A PM was sent to cardiver on Wednesday, and less than 5 min. later he responds with "what time do we meet?" It's good to have great Dive buddies!
That's one thing about Cardiver. He is easy to plan a dive with! :supz:

And can do it with 1 to 5 word responses. =D>

Like: "When?"
"great!"
"See you then!"
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: