Sund Rock 2-14-09 (south wall)--With Video

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Sund Rock 2-14-09 (south wall)--With Video

Post by mz53480 »

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ1lnl5m5Ko

After a brief stop at Hoodsport n' Dive (aka--bs'ing w/ Ron), we got to the 'rock' about 12:30 on Sat.
Only a few cars there, and the topside weather was spectacular. Water was flat as glass.
Vis for the first dive on the south wall was very silty down to about 40-50fsw. Even at depth, there was still a bit of silt, vis about 10-15fsw.....hope this gets cleared out soon. Found the line with the squid eggs again, and also saw a few wolf eels (one den with a pair) and an octo crammed into a den by some nice white anemones.

Didn't take the camera on the 2nd dive to the N. wall side, and sure did pay for not taking it.
(Vis on the N. side about the same as the S. wall.)
Buddy & I made it out to the large boat, and turned around. Nothing exciting...ok, just lots of silt. Made our way back to the wall and BLAM--here's a nice size octo scouting about....and some wolf eels right under it in a den, about 50fsw (note: low tide). Buddy went down to the bottom and the octo reached out to check his hand out...very cool. (note to self--take the camera...take the camera!). Hit our turn pressure and here came a group of divers....blam--more silt soup. #-o
Headed out and enjoyed the topside weather.

Great day of diving, hope the vis improves soon.

Happy Diving!

MZ
:fish:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Sund Rock 2-14-09 (south wall)--With Video

Post by Dusty2 »

Yep, Take the camera, Take the camera, Take the camera! :angryfire:

What are you doing in the water without the camera?? :naka:
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Dusty2 wrote: What are you doing in the water without the camera??
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
ryanone
Frequent Bubbler

Post by ryanone »

Thanks for the vid mz =D>
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Great Video! Thanks =D>
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: