Pirate Cove & Whale Rock: 2-21-09 (with video)

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Pirate Cove & Whale Rock: 2-21-09 (with video)

Post by mz53480 »

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHCFn-Mc3N0

Dad-O and I went to Anacortes on Sat. for a 2-tank boat dive on the "Deep Sea" (http://www.deepseacruise.com).
46' boat with 16 divers on board and crew of 5. Captain Dave, owner Mark and crew Peggy-Sue, Natalie, and Larry did an excellent job all day. =D> Everything on the boat was great, highly recommend them. Food, on-board compressor.... it was all good. Great weather and great diving! Got underway around 9:30am....saw the mountains and some bald eagles on the way out. Very cool! \:D/

1st dive (whale rock) started around 11:45pm, max depth ~65fsw, time ~45min. Vis at least 40'. Forgot to hook up my drysuit hose on this one...#-o Got to see some amazing sealife--tons of urchins, coral, white plumonose anemones, and puget sound king crabs. Was hoping to get some video of the seals, but they didn't want to play that day.... :pale:

2nd dive (pirate cove) in around 1:45pm, max depth ~70fsw, time ~35min, again the vis was great...at least 40'.
Beautiful rock wall with white anemones sticking out of the wall, sun on the top made for a great background of the kelp...found a tiger rock fish hanging out, and more puget sound king crabs.

Back into port around 5:30pm with a beautiful sunset to watch from the aft of the boat.
Back into Oly around 9pm.

Happy Diving!
MZ
:fish:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
PeninsulaDiver
Aquaphile

Re: Pirate Cove & Whale Rock: 2-21-09 (with video)

Post by PeninsulaDiver »

Both favorites of mine; Puget Sound Kings and Tigers! Thanks for sharing your video.

-Mark
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Nice video Mike. My first charter was on the DeepSea and I'll never forget it! Sounds like you had a long day and some great diving.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Pez7378 wrote:Nice video Mike. My first charter was on the DeepSea and I'll never forget it! Sounds like you had a long day and some great diving.
Yeah, it was a drive up there, but really worth it. What sites did you dive with them?
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!