Weird Conditions at Skyline 3/19

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Weird Conditions at Skyline 3/19

Post by pensacoladiver »

Was supposed to dive Onamac today, but mother nature just wasn't going to have that, so we did the next best thing... Shore dive at Skyline!!!

Nothing special happened, although when I fot in the water and started walking, it didn't get any deeper??? I was way out past the house on the right and was still in 3 feet of water. I was wondering if a Tsunami was coming in. :eek:

We were able to actually walk all the way out to the beginning of the kelp bed. It was kind of nice to not have to make the usual swim.

I noticed that the hole where I see Greenling (at 88 feet) was at 75 feet today! Quite a bit of water missing from the area.

Anyways, good dive and saw the usual suspects in the water there.

Chad
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Weird Conditions at Skyline 3/19

Post by LCF »

We dove yesterday at 5 at Cove 2 -- there was no water in the Sound at all. The I-beams were at 75 feet. It's just plain weird to dive at very low tides.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: Weird Conditions at Skyline 3/19

Post by Grateful Diver »

They drained the pool for cleaning ... it'll be back to it's normal self in a coupla days ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/