Redondo 7-26-09 (with video)

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Redondo 7-26-09 (with video)

Post by mz53480 »

Sunday, 7-26-09 at Redondo:

Here's the video: grab some [smilie banned by Spatman] and enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MscbeHHZ6xo[/youtube]

Nice, hot day topside....and nice traffic coming from northbound I-5 too....
Met up with Domer Down and splashed for the 1st dive around 2:30pm. Headed down to the carousel boat and bottle field, vis was good (maybe 30-40fsw with 'stringy gunk'). Noted the octo under the boat, way back in. Up and around to the big pipe, noted another under there (also dug way back in). Solo game of checkers (nice board!), found a nice big sculpin out in the open by the big pipe, and a egg-yolk jellie doing its thing. About a 50min dive, max depth ~85fsw.
Nice surface interval (about an hour), talked to some folks interested in diving ("hey, you guys going diving?" ) and splashed for the 2nd dive around 3:45 or so.
Out north for the 2nd dive, down to the bug and the small wall. Not much of exciting interest, but was a good dive. Tom found a little eel at the very end of the dive, kinda fun....around and hour dive time, max depth ~60fsw.
Enjoyed talking to more folks about what we found and what we were doing as we were getting out... :biggrin:
Thanks again for the great dives Tom, hope to get out on a Thurs. dive sometime.
MZ
:fish:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
defied
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo 7-26-09 (with video)

Post by defied »

Randy,

You didn't pull that checkerboard?!?

D(B)
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

mz53480 wrote:Sunday, 7-26-09 at Redondo:

Here's the video: grab some [smilie banned by Spatman] and enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MscbeHHZ6xo[/youtube]

Nice, hot day topside....and nice traffic coming from northbound I-5 too....
Met up with Domer Down and splashed for the 1st dive around 2:30pm. Headed down to the carousel boat and bottle field, vis was good (maybe 30-40fsw with 'stringy gunk'). Noted the octo under the boat, way back in. Up and around to the big pipe, noted another under there (also dug way back in). Solo game of checkers (nice board!), found a nice big sculpin out in the open by the big pipe, and a egg-yolk jellie doing its thing. About a 50min dive, max depth ~85fsw.
Nice surface interval (about an hour), talked to some folks interested in diving ("hey, you guys going diving?" ) and splashed for the 2nd dive around 3:45 or so.
Out north for the 2nd dive, down to the bug and the small wall. Not much of exciting interest, but was a good dive. Tom found a little eel at the very end of the dive, kinda fun....around and hour dive time, max depth ~60fsw.
Enjoyed talking to more folks about what we found and what we were doing as we were getting out... :biggrin:
Thanks again for the great dives Tom, hope to get out on a Thurs. dive sometime.
MZ
:fish:
Come out to Fox Island tonight! Haven't seen you in quite a while for a Thursday dive.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
PapaZ
Compulsive Diver

Post by PapaZ »

Nice video of Redondo. Could have brought a couple 'egg yolks' topside and fried them on the concrete for an afternoon delight. :hah:

Stay cool,

PapaZ
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

PapaZ wrote:Nice video of Redondo. Could have brought a couple 'egg yolks' topside and fried them on the concrete for an afternoon delight. :hah:

Stay cool,

PapaZ
Could have driven up the hill to Pac Hwy for an "afternoon delight", too............ :arsespank:
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

cardiver wrote:
PapaZ wrote:Nice video of Redondo. Could have brought a couple 'egg yolks' topside and fried them on the concrete for an afternoon delight. :hah:
Stay cool,
PapaZ
Could have driven up the hill to Pac Hwy for an "afternoon delight", too............ :arsespank:

???? Were you around up there then too? Did I miss something???
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

cardiver wrote: Could have driven up the hill to Pac Hwy for an "afternoon delight", too............ :arsespank:
I think I missed it too! :dontknow:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: