Muk Monday Madness 10/5

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Muk Monday Madness 10/5

Post by renoun »

Chris and I had such an incredible dive Monday that I am compelled to write about it (I skipped out on the second dive so I couldn't go drink beer and gloat). Matt and Joe went off to play in the deep with their doubles and scooters so H20Doc and I budded up and headed off for the geo dome. His photos are posted at the photo forum.

We dropped right away into around 10fsw with great viz. We found a young Giant Nudi. on one bit of weed and a nice looking White and Orange Tipped Nudi. a little deeper.

Our next find was a juvinile wolfe eel out in the open in around 30fsw. I probably spent fifteen minutes following it around while Chris took photos and video. This little guy was around three feet long and the head was about two and a half inches tall. We watched it eye several smaller flounder as they swam buy but it didn't attack any. Eventually it swam into the tire shish-ka-bob but rather than swimming around the edge of a tire it choose a hole in the tread that was barely larger than the cross section of his body to squeeze in to.

We swam on deeper to the boat below the geo-dome and then across to the geo-dome. Not only was the wolf eel in the pipe, he even came out to play. This fellow is about four and a half feet long. At one point the camera was put away and this fellow swam out and was tasting everything on the front of H20Doc's BC, it was really interested in his octopus. I don't know why a wolf eel would go OOA but I offered my long hose to him. Mr. Wolfie swam to a pipe on the other side of the dome but wasn't interested in accepting a small urchin that was offered. Just about then the scooter mafia showed up. As they went off in search of crab we found one and enticed him back out for a snack. We hung out watching until we hit our turn pressures and called the dive.

Unfortunately I had to head for home although I did manage to install some spring straps on April's fins while everybody messed with her glove rings. I hope dive two was as cool for everybody.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Muk Monday Madness 10/5

Post by H20doctor »

yes ross is was a great dive ... the night crew ..Rick, Trever, april, Me , Matt , Joe, also has some fun at the Geo with the wolf eel with many times him coming out to swim around and check out the fresh crab dinner i was tryin to feed Him.... At one point trever had the same thing happen where wolfie came over to him trying to figure out how good a lens cap on a camera taste !!! Trever should have some shots posted here as well ...
As for me i got to get towed completly backwards will joe had one of my legs and matt had the other !! LMAO , what i missed gettiing on video was Joe and Matt doing the BEN HER .... I am working on the video and should have it up in a day or 2 ...
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Had a great couple of dives. On the first one Joe and i decided to go a little deeper than usual and explore. We were able to visit the troll, the boat, the manequin and the sattellite dish all in one dive thanks to the scoots. That mannequin is :eek: :yipes: creepy! On our second dive we got to play with mr juvi wolfie which was awesome. We also saw a bunch of octos and nudis. Oh yeah and Joe named the wolfie in the geodome Otis. I have to say Mukilteo makes for some pretty good night diving. See y'all next week!
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Metal man
Aquaphile

Post by Metal man »

Sounds like fun to me!! Another couple weeks and I'll be working days, then I too will get to partake in the Mukilteo Mondays!!! :breakdance: :bounceline:
Gabe ~D.I.A.W.Y.C. Diver
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:Had a great couple of dives. On the first one Joe and i decided to go a little deeper than usual and explore. We were able to visit the troll, the boat, the manequin and the sattellite dish all in one dive thanks to the scoots. That mannequin is :eek: :yipes: creepy! On our second dive we got to play with mr juvi wolfie which was awesome. We also saw a bunch of octos and nudis. Oh yeah and Joe named the wolfie in the geodome Otis. I have to say Mukilteo makes for some pretty good night diving. See y'all next week!

Matt, did you look under the boat to see if there was a mother octo?
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

sheahanmcculla wrote:
Mattleycrue76 wrote:Had a great couple of dives. On the first one Joe and i decided to go a little deeper than usual and explore. We were able to visit the troll, the boat, the manequin and the sattellite dish all in one dive thanks to the scoots. That mannequin is :eek: :yipes: creepy! On our second dive we got to play with mr juvi wolfie which was awesome. We also saw a bunch of octos and nudis. Oh yeah and Joe named the wolfie in the geodome Otis. I have to say Mukilteo makes for some pretty good night diving. See y'all next week!

Matt, did you look under the boat to see if there was a mother octo?
Unfortunately no. I was swimming along one side and saw that there was no den under it. I then swam over the top to the other side to take a look. I could see an opening that looked just like a GPO den but as I was about to drop down to take a look I saw Joe was getting a little farther away from me than seemed prudent so I decided to catch up to him. At that point we were already headed toward the mannequin. So I guess now I have a great reason to go back for another look!
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith