Looking for new dive buddies

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
Le Roi
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Looking for new dive buddies

Post by Le Roi »

After taking quite a long vacation from cold water dives I am wanting to get back in the water. I think I am very easy and fun to dive with. Any Northwest venue is cool with me, just give me some notice and I'm ready to go.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Re: Looking for new dive buddies

Post by John Rawlings »

Welcome!!!! :taco:

Please tell everyone a little bit about yourself - where are you located? How far are you willing to travel to reach a dive site? Do you prefer shore dives, boat dives, or enjoy both? Are you an underwater photographer? Are you into critters? Deep or shallow?

Whatever you can think of to tell us about your diving preferences will help you to link up with similar folks in your neck-of-the-woods.

Again, welcome to NWDC!!!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Le Roi
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Le Roi »

That makes so much sense, John. Thanks.

I live in the Green Lake neighborhood. I'm willing to drive at least fifty miles north or south to get to a dive site, and I like weekend trips to Canada for diving a lot.

My preference is shore dives but if the dive site is really special, then I'm I'm totally up for a boat if that's what it takes to get there.

I'm not a photographer at all, just never caught on with me. Love watching critters (EXCEPT Cabezon!), big and small.

I'm very comfortable up to 90 feet in cold water (I dive dry). In warm water, I am cool going down to as much as 130, no problem. Devil's Throat in Cozumel is one of my very favorite dives. I like Bonair a lot, too, just fabulous shore diving all over the island. Going to Hawaii in a few weeks, hopefully the water is not glowing from radioactivity.

I am a poke-a-long along diver, meaning (1) I like the dive to last a long time and (2) I do not like to swim fast. I really enjoy watching everything that's down there, especially the small animals. I like watching their activity unfold slowly.

I like keeping my dive buddy in sight at all times, don't want to have to guess where he (she) is. Prefer kind of poking along side by side so I can always get my dive buddy's attention (or give mine to him/her) very quickly if need be. Whether I am leading the dive or not, that single-file thing gets to me - just seems to be asking for a problem.

I like crabbing when the season comes around, too, cooking them up immediately after coming out of the water.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

You sound like someone I would find delightful to dive with.

Unfortunately, I'm off to Mexico for a week of cave diving on Saturday. But let's get in touch after I'm home.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Let me know when you might like to get together for a dive...
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

Scubak wrote:Let me know when you might like to get together for a dive...
Kirsten
I second what Kirsten posted. I'm looking for new dive buddies all the time. Interested in heading to Hood Canal this weekend perhaps to check out Octopus Hole? Anyone else want to join?
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
ashitaka666
Aquaphile

Post by ashitaka666 »

Ah your up in Seattle.

I'm new to diving dry and got certified in Dec 2010 in Maui. I have 29 dives in Warm Water and 3 going on 4 cold water dives. I do take my time gearing up and such. I also don't mind swimming around one site till my tank hit's 1200 PSI unless we've swam a bit from shore then I like to leave me enough time to swim back and do my safety stop then head into shore.

I'm more of a follower then a leader in these waters and I also like to keep my buddy in view or at least by my side where I can look over and see him.

I don't mind driving a good distance for a good dive site. Located down in Tumwater and I drove up to T-Dock today to do some diving with a beginning group of divers doing their certs. (Lots of little critters to look at here around the doom area and the pipes.)

Anyways I look forward to diving whenever you have the chance. I can only do weekends due to having to work during the weekdays.
Scuba Diving isn't about one's ego but about having fun and doing dives you feel comfortable doing.
Ashi's Photo Gallery
Rod Crocker
Just Settling In

Post by Rod Crocker »

Give me some more details. I have a 21' boat and love to dive the San Juans, Neah bay and the Gulf Islands. I'm not into shore dives or the south sound. If you like diving with me and others, I also like to bareboat charter yachts out of Anacortes and go up into the Gulf Island for a week at a time. There are just too many options to get it all done. I need to get out more and I need a bigger network of divers.

Rod
ashitaka666
Aquaphile

Post by ashitaka666 »

Rod Crocker wrote:Give me some more details. I have a 21' boat and love to dive the San Juans, Neah bay and the Gulf Islands. I'm not into shore dives or the south sound. If you like diving with me and others, I also like to bareboat charter yachts out of Anacortes and go up into the Gulf Island for a week at a time. There are just too many options to get it all done. I need to get out more and I need a bigger network of divers.

Rod
I like this boat idea to go diving. I can only dive on the weekends though since during the week depending on the location would probably turn into a night dive and I'm not night certed. (I get off work at 5pm)
Scuba Diving isn't about one's ego but about having fun and doing dives you feel comfortable doing.
Ashi's Photo Gallery
Matthew
Just Settling In

Post by Matthew »

Lots of replies, but did anyone decide to meet for a dive? Somehow I think I missed that.
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

Matthew,

If you want to dive I'm heading out with another guy from the board this weekend to saltwater park if you'd care to join. And check the Dive Planning section to get in on some dives. It's the easiest and fastest way to meet some of us from the board and get in on some good diving.

If interested in meeting up for a few dives this weekend, shoot me a private message or check out my post "Diving this Weekend - 4/23 and 4/24"

- Kyle
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
Rod Crocker
Just Settling In

Post by Rod Crocker »

Just got back from Neah Bay Friday and need to do a tuneup on the boat engine, but should be ready to go by next weekend. I don't know many sites in the south sound that require a boat, but the canal has a few. I'm located down in Toledo, WA, but I can get the boat just about anywhere in the sound. The boat can handle 3 to 4 divers at a time, so if you have any friends bring them too. Divers are in short supply in my area, so I'm trying to expand to a bigger network of divers.

Rod
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by nwbobber »

Welcome Le Roi. You sound like someone I would like to dive with. My wife and I live way south in Longview, so we are driving to any dive site, hopefully when we are up your way we can get together for a dive. Check out the planning section, let folks know where and when you want to go, and it will happen!
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu