Dive Buddy/Buddies in Central Oregon?

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Dive Buddy/Buddies in Central Oregon?

Post by Mortuus »

I live in Bend, and i have all my own gear. Im just looking for some dive buddies in the general area. Im Rescue certified through PADI, and i recently got my first dry suit, so im itching to use it. So far ive only done one dive with it, and it fits PERFECTLY!! Im really excited to use it more. So if anyone needs a dive buddy in Central Oregon, send me a message. Id love to get a good number of dives in before the summer ends
selkie
Submariner

Re: Dive Buddy/Buddies in Central Oregon?

Post by selkie »

Oh Bummer I was at Eagle Crest a few weeks ago and would have loved to have someone to dive a lake with. Maybe next time. Other than doing Clear Lake a few times I have not dove the Central Oregon lakes sense I got certified in Bend in 1982.
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

Hey I am down here in Klamath. It's been two years since I was in the water but I wouldn't mind driving to central Oregon. Just let me know. I am also interested in forming team and learning UTD/DIR diving so if your interests lie in that area maybe we can get something going? if your interests are not in that direction I'd still like to dive. you can PM me if you like or we can make contact whatever way you like.

I am diving the Central Coast sometime during the week of June 18th and looking for a buddy, I may decide to see if the dive shop in Newport is going out that week or else if not possible Port Orford which looks pretty decent on the right day (nice and blue water color).

anyhoo just to let you know.

thanks,
Brian
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Hah, I have moved to Seattle since I posted this. Although it just so happens that my interests do lie in UTD and DIR!
There is a dive shop in Bend though called Central Oregon Diving. Talk to the owner, Walt Bolton, if you are interested in diving the lakes there. Awesome vis, but not much to see. Im sure Walt could point you to a few cool spots though. If you go, tell him Dylan sent you =P
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

Ha, ha I noticed after posting, that you had moved. I may check out bend, but I am really more interested in ocean diving.
Thanks for the reply,
Brian
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Brian, my good friend Dave Herbert is an instructor at Rogue Scuba in Medford, and has some DIR training (he did Rec 1 and Rec 2 with my husband, before UTD existed). I know that's not exactly next door to you, but it's closer than Seattle! I'm sure Dave would be utterly thrilled to hear from a fellow DIR-inclined diver; he feels rather alone in Medford.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

Yes I am totally interested in meeting and/or diving with him. I spoke with him several years ago on scubaboard.com about diving but nothing ever came of it. is he on here?
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

He has been, but I don't remember what he used as a screen name. He is on Facebook under his own name, though.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames