NEED A BUDDY

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
biggair
Just Settling In

NEED A BUDDY

Post by biggair »

Hi, My name is Gary.I'm new to diving I got my O.W. in the Philippines 3 yrs ago. I did a refresher 2 weeks ago and have made 2 dives now. 1st dive at Edmones so cool, they have put a lot of work in this site, I saw a 4' ling cod and was told there are bigger ones there. I didn't get much bottom time due to not enough weight. the 2nd dive was at cove 2 nice dive better weighting maybe just a little to much this time. I had to have to much air in my bcd then corked before I could get it out.I'm thinking the next dive I'll have it. lol :rofl: Just wanted to let you know my experience upfront. I'm doing my A.O.W. on the 22nd to the 25th.
I'm trying to get in some more dives before then!! and lots after! but for now I need a Hard bottom of 50' and a good dive buddy. I'm laid off right now so I can dive most anytime! I live in the north end- Bothell. but will drive to dive.

Thanks Gary
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: NEED A BUDDY

Post by Norris »

Hey there. I host a dive every Wednesday at EUP or Muk whichever the tides decide (7pm slash). Additionally there is the MMM crowd who meet every Monday with a 4ishpm dive and a 6:30pm...then off to the bar for beers. These are regular meets and new comers always welcome. Come winter the later dives become night dives and you will need a primary and backup light.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
biggair
Just Settling In

Post by biggair »

Right on will look forward to join you. on wed. how do I know Eup or Muk? I think I'm geared up now! but just diving wet for now. I will go dry someday. thanks Gary
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

by all means dive whatever gear you have. personally I dive to explore the underwater world. as long as your gear allows you to do that then we're on the right track. I will send you a pm let you know where we are diving.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
biggair
Just Settling In

Post by biggair »

Just got back from Edmones. # 3 dive they are getting better. I got my weights fingered out. lol this was my best dive everything went good. Saw lot of big lings 4'+ and lots more fish. had a long swim but it was good.can't wait to dive more now that things are getting better.
Wagon173
Avid Diver

Post by Wagon173 »

biggair wrote:had a long swim but it was good.
I guess I'm just getting lazy these days...I'll sacrifice a couple minutes of bottom time to avoid a surface swim...all day! My snorkel is in my bag but I think the only reason I don't throw it away is cause with my luck, as soon as I do the "dive police" will come check my no-snorkle cert :eek:
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

CAPTNJACK - 2012**
biggair
Just Settling In

Post by biggair »

I was looking at how many views there are on my post, 177 and only three want to be my buddy. :rofl:
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

biggair, I'd be happy to go diving with you. Unfortunately, my schedule is not as open as it once was. I'll be home a couple of days this week, but I'm already committed to diving with other NWDC folks, and then I head up to Port Hardy for several days. Maybe toward the end of October?

Other dives you might consider attending are the Tuesday night Cove 2 Moss Bay Dive Club dive, or the Wednesday night Cove 2 Tweak (you'll get encouraged to drink KoolAid) or the Monday Mukilteo Madness dive (look for the weekly thread) or Norris's Wednesday evening Edmonds dive. There are lots of dives going on around here, where new divers are heartily welcomed.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

Gary, the buddies are out there. I should be good to go by the time you are over your cold!

IF you get a chance to go dive your dry suit, do it -- just remember to take it slow, let yourself get neutral and have fun!
ZachSD
Avid Diver

Post by ZachSD »

Hey what's going on Gary,
I am also in search of some new dive buddies if your trying to meet up sometime, possibly even tomorrow. All my bud's are always busy now so i've been hitting all the forums. I've been in the water for most of my life but will just now be getting my advanced at the end of this month. I live in Tacoma but would like to hit some different spots.

Let me know what you think,
Zach