New Diver

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
Diverman Twan
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New Diver

Post by Diverman Twan »

Hey Everyone,

My name is Anthony, I'm very new to diving (just got done with my certification) and am trying to find someone to go diving with. I live in the bellevue area and am game to go diving anywhere in the vacinity. I am free on the weekends, but I do have to rent gear just FYI. I'm quite comfortable in the cold water and am up for going up to about 130 ft if possible. Just looking to get some experience!

Thanks Guys!
Anthony
Mortuus
Amphibian

Re: New Diver

Post by Mortuus »

Welcome to the board! Im surprised no one has posted here yet with 63 views.... Oh well, guess ill go first.

I highly recommend the Wacky Wednesdays West dives. It is hosted every Wednesday at Alki Cove 2. Great crowd there, and they are willing to dive with anyone. However since that dive is sort of hosted by people who are GUE certified, do not expect to get that deep. GUE generally wont go below 80 on air, and 100 on EANx. Wonderful crowd though, and they will let you try out any gear that you would like. They are able to get their hands on pretty much anything. I myself try to make it every wednesday.

If you want to go deep, you will have to prove yourself as a competent diver to the people you are diving with. No one will take you to 130ft without first witnessing your skills in the water. And for good reason. As someone who just recently moved to the area (and as someone who likes to go deep) I can attest to that. But if you want to go down to 130ft, I recommend hitting up Monday Mukilteo Madness. The Mukilteo T-dock site gets to 130 ft and then just keeps on going. Its easy to get to depth there, and it isnt too far a drive from Bellevue (which is also where I am located). And there is also a number of sttractions to see at 130ft which imo make it better than Cove 2 for depth.

You can read about weekly dives in Dive Planning > Weekly PNW Dives.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

As Dylan said, there are numerous weekday and weekend dives posted, just post and join.

Your profile says you are OW, not AOW.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Jeff Pack wrote:As Dylan said, there are numerous weekday and weekend dives posted, just post and join.

Your profile says you are OW, not AOW.
Just be very careful diving with Jeff Pack as he admits to being a dive whore and you know they carry all kinds of STD's ( Scuba Transmitted Deceases) :rofl:
Jeff Castor
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

To quote from Star Trek (Spock said) "Constant Exposure Leads to some contamination"

pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Jeff Pack wrote:To quote from Star Trek (Spock said) "Constant Exposure Leads to some contamination"

EEEEWWWW then by just posting this I have contaminated myself. I feel so dirty I must shower :stir: :BDub: :popcorn:
Jeff Castor
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Just take the blue pill, and you wont have to worry about it.

Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Welcome to the nut fun house!

Check out the dive planning section as everyone have mentioned, lots of dives going on regularly!

And if you want to join the Wednesday dives, I'd be happy to jump in the water with ya and go show you some awesome sights at Cove2 or let use abuse any of the gear you could possibly want to try :partydance:

Also, pm me and I'll keep you up to date on other and weekend dive we got planned.

see ya in the water!

Koos
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White