Visiting from Hawaii

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
nixrsix
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Visiting from Hawaii

Post by nixrsix »

I will be visiting from Aug31-Sept5 and want to get 1-2 dives in while I'm there. I grew up diving Nor Cal waters, so Im use to cold water diving. With the lack of shipwrecks here in HI, I really want to dive shipwrecks only. I've noticed there are some shore dives that have wrecks. If you have a boat, thats cool too, i'll throw down on gas n beer! Either way, 1-2 tank morning dive. And if you're ever on Kauai, I can return the favor! Anyone?
nixrsix
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Re: Visiting from Hawaii

Post by nixrsix »

O yeah, visiting Seattle/Tacoma area!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

nixrsix wrote:O yeah, visiting Seattle/Tacoma area!
The trawler at Sund Rock is a fun, good sized shore wreck dive. The cabin cruiser at TTN is also a fun, though smaller, wreck dive. Of you want some serious wrecks on a day trip basis I would head up to British Columbia, they have more than I can quickly.mention and lots of charters going to them. If our politicians and certain environmentalists weren't so short sighted we could have them here as well, bit that is a rant for another day.

If you can persuade someone to take you out in their boat it might open another option or two, but the ones I mentioned are your best bet from shore, and I am sure you will have no trouble getting someone to dive them with you!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

There are wrecks galore at Edmonds, more than you can see with just two dives.

The wreck of the Honeybear at Cove 2 is popular since the site isn't current sensitive.
nixrsix
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by nixrsix »

Awesome! So who wants to dive with me? I'm going either way. Mahaloz for the advice on which sites to dive!!!
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

What size wrecks are you looking for? If you want big wrecks, I am not sure there are many in the area at recreational depths. If you are looking for big ones, the Honeybear isnt going to cut it
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Let me consult my travel buddy, we might be able to get in a morning dive on the 2nd before I head out of town for good, if you want to do Edmonds...or maybe the morning of the 1st, but there's a football game I need to be watching at 12:30 with a beer! ;)