Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
sarinae
Aquaphile

Post by sarinae »

I earned by OW certification in June from NW Underwater Sports Seattle. We went to Loreto, Mexico for a week of diving in the Sea of Cortez where I logged about 20 more dives and honed some skills. I still have much to learn, so I would like to find a dive buddy for Northwest diving.

I am up in the Lynnwood/Edmonds area and would love to connect with another diver of any skill level to explore some of the fantastic diving opportunities we have around here. Had hoped my kids would come with me but after their experience in Mexico, they are now spoiled warm water only divers and I am married to a non-diver.

Planning to head to the Edmonds Underwater Park on Saturday morning 10/12 to check it out, hoping to connect with another diver or two for safety, at least. So far my experience has been that divers are a welcoming group and I hope that just showing up somewhere will help me find someone to get in the water with. This is new territory for me!

I tried the buddy finder on Scubaboard.com but it sounds like this is the place to find other locals. Name the date and I'll do my best to get out there with you! I need a bit of a headstart to rent some gear. Trying to decide yet between wet or dry before I make the investment in my own exposure suit. Still renting tanks too, but looking to pick up some gear.

Planning to work toward AOW after the holiday season and then my next goal is rescue diver. In the meantime, just trying to work on perfecting buoyancy, improving UW navigation, and those types of skills.

Hope to meet some of you out there in the water or on the shore!

Sarina E.
sarinae at gmail dot com
coulterboy
Amphibian

Re: Newbie

Post by coulterboy »

Hello Sarina, and welcome to the board. First up, Saturday is 10-13, not 10-12 as you posted, unless you really meant to dive on Friday at EUP (Edmonds Underwater Park).

I might be able to dive with you on Saturday at EUP. I was also trying to convince my daughter to dive with me this Saturday. It looks like the favorable time to splash is around 0900. If my daughter doesn't want to dive, and my schedule is clear, it would be my pleasure to take you for a tour at EUP. I will send you a PM of my cell phone number.

Tom (Coulterboy)
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Nwcid
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Nwcid »

Welcome
John

Check out my site, http://scubadivesites.webs.com/
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Welcome.

Feel free to join us Monday afternoon at mukilteo. Look for the thread labeled MMM in the planning section. First dive we aim to splash at 4:00. The second dive is usually dependent on who wants to stay from the first one.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
monk
Avid Diver

Post by monk »

I 2nd the recommendation for diving with those at Mukilteo on Mondays, it is a good group of new and experienced divers.
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

I third the mondays. (I feel like I just cheated on the wednesdays...)

Nice, laid back group of great divers.

We also have a group that splashes at 7 on wednesdays, but its turned into a night dive.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

If you come to the photo walk at Edmonds this weekend, look for us -- we'll be in a red Toyota truck with a white canopy.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
sarinae
Aquaphile

Post by sarinae »

Thanks everyone! You are all so welcoming, it is nice to have a group of diverse people with a common interest. Hope to meet you soon!

I drive a red Durango with a "Republicans for Voldemort" sticker. That is unique enough that people can identify me easily. :)

LCF, I'll look for you this weekend!

Sarina
lavachickie
Dive-aholic

Post by lavachickie »

Welcome! And congratulations. Sorry the fam has wuss'd out on ya. ;) They might wise up one day when they see all the great fun you're having. You've certainly got the one skill needed -- you go out and ask for what you need! Keep that up and you'll find yourself with a lot of opportunities to learn and buddy up.
Hey Oregon Divers: check out Oregon Scuba Club! http://oregonscuba.com
Looking forward to Roatan June 2016.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Emilyrc wrote:I third the mondays. (I feel like I just cheated on the wednesdays...)

Nice, laid back group of great divers.

We also have a group that splashes at 7 on wednesdays, but its turned into a night dive.
Tis true that the Wednesday dive (Bubbles and Suds) is a night dive. So when you have a secured a light and are comfortable with diving in the dark, we dive every Wednesday night at either EUP or Mukilteo.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Hey, Sarina... Welcome to the Club first off... Evergreen Dive in S. Everett does a Thurs. Night Shop dive @ Mukilteo and I dive there most Sundays since that's my only real free time... So if you need a buddy feel free to hit me up or visit the shop...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo