Dive buddy in Tacoma area?

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
MarineBonnie
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Dive buddy in Tacoma area?

Post by MarineBonnie »

Hi! I'm a senior at the University of Puget Sound and studying microplastic ingestion by forage fish. I brought all my gear up from SoCal and am looking for a dive buddy in the Tacoma area (preferably someone with a car because I don't have one). I'm AOW certified and looking to get my rescue cert this summer. I've been to Les Davis a couple times and know a few other spots, so let's find some cool stuff!
Bonnie
Bonnie
Biology UPS '14
RoxnDox
Submariner

Re: Dive buddy in Tacoma area?

Post by RoxnDox »

Welcome to the Zoo, Bonnie! There are a lot of folks here in the South Sound area, and I bet you can probably snag a lift from somebody (not me, though - my gear fills my little Honda to the brim...) . There is a regular Thursday dive (see the ThThTh threads), and lots of willing buddies for weekend dives.

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

There's a regular thursday dive you should hook up with in the Tacoma area. (Thalasic Therapy Thursday - ThThTh) Nice folks and good buddies. Usually Three Tree, Redondo. Watch for the weekly postings under dive planning. I may be able to help get you there on some of the days I dive... tough to bring dive gear on the bus.

Good on ya for your studies... The microplastic problem is a big one from my understanding and not easily solved...

Welcome to the club...
ejrauschl
Avid Diver

Post by ejrauschl »

Hi Bonnie,

Welcome! I am a recent grad of UWTacoma's Environmental Science program. I work part time for my professor who is conducting long term research on microplastics. I am studying HAB phytoplankton species.

I am always up for diving in the Tacoma area. I live in Gig Harbor and work in Tacoma approx. 3 days/week. I also dive with the Thursday South Sounders, but they typically head further north to Burien or Redondo. I love Titlow, Day Island and occasionally dive sites along Ruston Way. I have room in my little hatchback if you pack light. PM me when you would like to head out!

-EJ
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Lets plan a dive!!!
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"