Looking for a buddy (or group I can dive with)

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
AJS
Just Settling In

Looking for a buddy (or group I can dive with)

Post by AJS »

Hi all,

I have been diving for a long time (15+ years), but at most 2 dive trips per year. So since I live in a region where I can dive I bought a dry suit and decided to dive at least once a month, hopefully more.

To make this a reality, I am looking for a buddy or a group of people that I could dive with, ideally on weekends (weekdays are tough for me, but not impossible).

Here is some additional data about me to identify a potential match:

- What is your current level of experience (number of dives, certification level)?
--> AOW, about 70 dives total

- Are you new to the area or new to diving cold water?
--> only 2 dives in PNW, and new to cold water

- What type of diving are you interested in?
--> recreational, fun, relaxed, get better at (consume less air, navigation, etc), casual picture taking, etc

- Do you have any preferences or limitations that your dive buddies should be aware of? (e.g., don't like to go deeper than ___, don't like to do long surface swims, prefer seeing critters to wrecks, etc.)
--> I don't think I am picky, open to new things, but would not jump to advanced stuff as of now

- When are you available to go diving?
--> weekends are better for me. I am early bird, so morning is great (better actually)

Other random/personal facts:
- early 40s, Brazilian (but fluent English), married with kids (which means I might not be able to hang out after dives every time), live in the Eastside but willing to go places, etc
- when diving, all I need, right now, is air tank and weight.

Thanks!
AJS
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Looking for a buddy (or group I can dive with)

Post by Norris »

So you only need tank and weight? That is not bad as many of the divers around here will have some to loan. My weekends are pretty busy right now but I KNOW that you will get a bite on this.

Hang in there as NWDC has MANY divers that seem to be diving all the time.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

Got tons of tanks and weights. Let's dive together! PM me. There. Are plenty of NWDC groups who dive. Then there's the marker buoy dive club who are incredibly active! Then there's NWUE on facebook.

We have our weekly events too. The Wednesday tweeks.
Jimothy
Avid Diver

Post by Jimothy »

I've got lots of extra lead as well as some spare cylinders. Not to mention all the other spare gear I have. I'm on the Eastside as well with most Fridays and weekends free for diving. Probably headed out this weekend too.
ratfishlvr
Avid Diver

Post by ratfishlvr »

I could get out for a weekend dive. My work schedule is such that the weekends are about my only time, except for an occasional Monday or Tuesday morning. If you want to do some south sound stuff there are some cool places that are fairly shallow and not current dependent. I am in the middle of a bunch of dive classes as well but am always up for a dive when I have time and am not training. let me know. be safe.