PDX diver - Mar 1/2 wknd buddy? Weekdays, more...

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
nwdiveluvr
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

PDX diver - Mar 1/2 wknd buddy? Weekdays, more...

Post by nwdiveluvr »

Hi PDX area divers...

My background: ~200 dives, ~half in PacNW. Advanced cert, drysuit, own steel HP100's, nitrox, pony. Rec diver. Not interested in over 100'/tech diving. Don't mind surface swims. Don't have a boat or yak (yet). I do have a way cool fat tire beach cart for hauling gear on longer sand or trail accesses. Am a guy, (I get junk mail all the time for "Ms. Leigh").
I do spearfish, but only away from popular rec dive sites, and not in Hood/Puget. (including practice on invasive species that harm native game fishies.) Am taking a free-diving class on 3/9 to investigate that world.

For this coming wknd, March 1 and/or 2, I'm looking for buddies for shore diving only. I need one more dive to fine-tune/verify wt and trim for new drysuit and BP/W gear.... before I go jumping off a charter boat. (Wknd can include overnight stay Sat night. I have relatives in Seattle - or motel it if Hood Canal or Olympic peninsula.)

BTW - after a consulting gig is done (after Friday March 7), i'm back to also having weekdays diving availability, for divers that have to work wknds.

April 25 long wknd: Also looking to put together an Oregon team to drive up to Neah Bay for 3-4 day long wknd April 26/27 wknd, good tides, after the ling season opens. Weather permitting. Rent a boat there maybe. Also hit Salt Creek on way up or back, and another 'less well known' location or two, weather permitting.

Also planning to do a lot of Oregon coast diving once the winter swells/winds subside late Spring. I have my eye on some cool sites, if you are a bit adventurous, strong diver, don't mind some effort, and want some variety other than Hood/Puget, let me know. Also open to charter boat dives on OR coast, weather permitting.

Cheers,
Leigh in downtown PDX
Please contact via: quattroluvr at-sign gmail dot usual domain
nwdiveluvr
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Re: PDX diver - Mar 1/2 wknd buddy? Weekdays, more...

Post by nwdiveluvr »

Usual buddy still has a cold as of today/Saturday. Anyone up for a shore dive tomorrow/Sunday?? quattroluvr atsign gmail
Leigh
nwdiveluvr
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Re: PDX diver - Mar 1/2 wknd buddy? OR coast dive charter...

Post by nwdiveluvr »

OP: I got an offline question about OR coast dive charter. Thought it might be more generally of interest, so cc'ing my email response here...
"Hi xxxx,
Try http://www.garibaldicharters.com/Trips.html offers dive charters out of Garibaldi.
(when the weather and swells calm down ;-)
If either of us tries puts together enough people (6), let's collaborate. I want to make a push to do an OR coast dive charter at least once or twice this summer.
Caveat: Offshore OR diving is safe only for hard core, experienced cold water divers, with well-tuned equip and skills and plenty of signaling gear... eg I did a boat dive on a seamount south of Garibaldi a ways and I was the only one with a DiveAlert power whistle in order to get the boat to us right quick. (fog rolled in).
Leigh in PDX