New to Diving PNW

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
KK2242
Getting To Know Folks

New to Diving PNW

Post by KK2242 »

Hi, I am going to be in the Puget Sound and would love to go diving as much as I can while I am home visiting.

- What is your current level of experience (number of dives, certification level)?
160 dives...though 157 of those dives are 5mm wetsuit in Guam, 3 w/ drysuit (two of those was for drysuit instruction...so a complete drysuit newbie :D; although, I had a great instructor! Thank you, Bob Bailey!! :supz: ), PADI DM
- Are you new to the area or new to diving cold water?
I use to snorkel the Sound years ago, so I guess that would put me in the new to diving cold water category. :P
- What type of diving are you interested in?
I am interested in shore diving and learning more about DIR. I've read about it but would love to pick someone's brain about this style of diving if anyone is willing to let me. :)
- Do you have any preferences or limitations that your dive buddies should be aware of?
I enjoy finding nudibranchs, corals, and other critters so am perfectly happy moving at a snails' pace to search and look at all of these.
- When are you available to go diving?
I am available Monday the 21st, or 28-30 of July. Morning, afternoon, evening or anytime, really, works for me. Guess it will depend on the tidal movements unless diving at a site that is not tide sensitive.

~Jamie (KK2242)
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: New to Diving PNW

Post by LCF »

I could probably join you somewhere on the 21st in the afternoon. There is no water to dive in in the morning :). And if you want to pick somebody's brain about DIR, I'm probably as good as any.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I would love to join you the 28th or 29th for a day at Hood Canal - Sund Rock is a great place for 3-4 dives. I am meeting Bric at the Hood on Monday the 28th, but either day will work.

Sund is not current sensitive, I love to get there in the morning, and I have a key (don't tell anybody)!

I am not DIR, (Don't hate or worship the system/philosophy) but I do have a brain that you could pick. :calvin:

I take pictures and go slow. Limitations? Sure, who doesn't. As to my diving abilities you'll have to ask someone who has dove diven dived with me. :)
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
KK2242
Getting To Know Folks

Post by KK2242 »

LCF wrote:I could probably join you somewhere on the 21st in the afternoon. There is no water to dive in in the morning :). And if you want to pick somebody's brain about DIR, I'm probably as good as any.

Oh, cool. That would be awesome. :taco: I live down in the Olympia area but am more than happy to travel up north. :)
Tom Nic wrote:I would love to join you the 28th or 29th for a day at Hood Canal - Sund Rock is a great place for 3-4 dives. I am meeting Bric at the Hood on Monday the 28th, but either day will work.

Sund is not current sensitive, I love to get there in the morning, and I have a key (don't tell anybody)!

I am not DIR, (Don't hate or worship the system/philosophy) but I do have a brain that you could pick. :calvin:

I take pictures and go slow. Limitations? Sure, who doesn't. As to my diving abilities you'll have to ask someone who has dove diven dived with me. :)
I am game for the morning of the 29th. There's a possibility my Dad might join us if you don't mind the added company. :)
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

KK2242 wrote:I am game for the morning of the 29th. There's a possibility my Dad might join us if you don't mind the added company. :)
I'm in! :partydance: PM on its way
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
jladi
Getting To Know Folks

Post by jladi »

I want to dive too!! I live in Lacey. I can do anyday really.
KK2242
Getting To Know Folks

Post by KK2242 »

jladi wrote:I want to dive too!! I live in Lacey. I can do anyday really.
Hi, sorry for the late response. Finally have reliable internet access. :partydance:
Anyways, it's kinda short noticed but my Father and I are planning a dive the afternoon of the 28th but I'd be more than happy to dive in the morning too if you wanted to or you join us in the afternoon. Not sure where yet but it will be somewhere closer to the Olympia area.

The morning of the 29th, have Sund Rock planned. Exact time has not been nailed down yet.

The 30th is really the last day of diving I can do to allow time for my gear to dry before flying home but could go somewhere in the morning.