Want to dive! Anytime!

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
lkwdryan
Just Settling In

Want to dive! Anytime!

Post by lkwdryan »

I am computer nitrox and open water certified. I'm currently taking my night diving cert class as well. I am only certified to 60 feet, so help me log some dives so I can get my advanced cert! Anywhere south sound during the day most days or evenings-for some good clear night dives this winter! Weekends usually work well also. Get in touch and let me know ASAP Wreck viewing, critters, whatever, is all new to me!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Want to dive! Anytime!

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome to the board!

Watch the posted dives and jump in!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Welcome to the diving addiction and the board. We usually have a Thursday south sound diving group that meets late afternoon for those who have them nasty things calls JOBS. :pirate: The Thursday Crew as we call ourselves has lately been not diving as much. I need to start diving and posting more and get the Thursday South Sound Crew back up and running. So keep your eye out on the dive planning section. :taco:
Jeff Castor
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

If your definition of "South Sound" extends to Redondo, I'd be happy to meet up on a weekday, once my hand has finished healing (broke it a month ago).
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
lkwdryan
Just Settling In

Post by lkwdryan »

I can meet up there in the mornings after 9:30-10:00. as long as I'm done by 1:30-2:00. I have been to 61', but I try to keep it above 60 until I get more training. all of my dives have been great so far. My number is 253-255-2759-( I don't plan on the computer) just using it to find some dive buddy's.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

lkwdryan wrote:I can meet up there in the mornings after 9:30-10:00. as long as I'm done by 1:30-2:00. I have been to 61', but I try to keep it above 60 until I get more training. all of my dives have been great so far. My number is 253-255-2759-( I don't plan on the computer) just using it to find some dive buddy's.
Well you will have to change your habits if it means you don't use this board to plan dives. At least keep an eye on the board for planned dives and it is always good to say if your coming or not. I don't want to sound prudish just that usually it is the way this board and getting out to dive with the great people on the board works. :notworthy: My main dive sites are redondo and three tree since they are also for the most part NOT current sensitive. Although there is the Redondo RIVER I have heard from other divers. As for the 61 FSW good thing the Nauii or PADI police were not around, you would have been pulled over and sited. :stick: :police: So your saying you can meet around 10am and have to be done by 1:30-2 so if my brain is working that gives you about 1 dive. I am assuming 1 hour dive times of course. Hope to see you out diving in the near future and maybe Thursday. :popcorn:
Jeff Castor
lkwdryan
Just Settling In

Post by lkwdryan »

yes I can be ready on site by 10. However, I only have aluminum 80's so I'm closer to half hour dives. Everyone keeps telling me my air will start to last longer the more I dive..... night dives on Wednesday this week So I will not be diving Thursday. However you will probably be seeing me soon! :supz:
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

lkwdryan wrote:yes I can be ready on site by 10. However, I only have aluminum 80's so I'm closer to half hour dives. Everyone keeps telling me my air will start to last longer the more I dive..... night dives on Wednesday this week So I will not be diving Thursday. However you will probably be seeing me soon! :supz:
Cool and have fun on the night dives. you can also always borrow tanks from me when we dive. I have 2 HP130's and 2 HP 119's and I bring them with me when I dive. It is true that as you get more comfortable with diving your air consumption should get better. Hope to see you diving in the south sound soon.
Jeff Castor
lkwdryan
Just Settling In

Post by lkwdryan »

when I dive with you I'll certainly take you up on that offer, just let me know how much For the fills. Do you use air or nitrox?
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Ask pogi about his first Nitrox dive.... :)