Looking for regular buddies

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
Cupronickel
Avid Diver

Looking for regular buddies

Post by Cupronickel »

Hey guys im a new diver who just got certified and am loving it already. Ive been looking at the dive planning threads, but at this time of year they seem to be all night dives. Id like to get a little more experience before i start doing night dives, so i was hoping to find some people that would be open to diving on the weekends during the day. I work 6 days a week so saturday afternoon or any time sunday would work for me. I live close to downtown seattle and am looking forward to meeting some cool people!
A flute without holes is not a flute, a doughnut without a hole is a danish.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Looking for regular buddies

Post by Norris »

Welcome to the group. I have been trying to get in some rec dives on early Sundays. I will make sure to add my dives in planning in case you want to join any of them.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

Come dive w/me....
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Finding things under water....
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Consider looking at some of the local dive clubs. I'm a member of Moss Bay, for example, and if you go to their Meetup site, there are a lot of weekend dives planned. There is always room for another and a new diver, but it is a good idea to contact the dive leader and let that person know that you are coming and that you will need an experienced buddy.

I'd offer to dive with you, but my work schedule has severely limited my weekend availability for the last year or more.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

Good Luck finding "Regular People" here. :taco:

Welcome to the club.
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
Cupronickel
Avid Diver

Post by Cupronickel »

Awesome! Norris i will definitely keep a look out in the dive planning section, and Diver Dave, Id love to take you up on the opportunity whenever i can. Ive never heard of meetup before and i will definitely look into that too.
M_bipartitus
Getting To Know Folks

Post by M_bipartitus »

I would also recommend one of the local dive clubs. Just about any should work for you. My wife and I typically dive though the Marker Buoy Club ( also on meetup now...http://www.meetup.com/Marker-Buoy-Dive-Club/events/ ) which has dives most weekends. I would have invited you to the dive we were hosting Sunday, but we just canceled it because no one signed up and we are thinking of heading to Hood Canal.

Again, it's good to tell the dive host/ group that you may need a more experienced buddy and try to be considerate of them & their time.
Cupronickel
Avid Diver

Post by Cupronickel »

Good to know, thnaks for the advice everyone. For some reason I thought it would be harder to find a buddy since Im new... Ill hopefully be getting my own gear in the next few days, and once that happens Im going to dive as much as I can! :partydance:
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

We were all new once, and many of us remember that. There is no shame in being a novice, and in fact, diving with folks who find coon-striped shrimp and kelp crabs amazing reminds us of what it was like in the beginning.

As I said, I'd dive with you, if my schedule let me.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

I am happy to dive with new divers, let's go! Paying it forward from when I was a noob and people were kind enough to dive with me.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Cupronickel
Avid Diver

Post by Cupronickel »

LCF wrote:As I said, I'd dive with you, if my schedule let me.
If your schedule ever has an opening, or mine does, Ill take you up on that. And Penopolypants, Im planning on getting my gear by this sunday so anytime you feel the urge to go diving and Im available, lets make it happen. That goes for anyone else too of course.