Diving near Port Angeles 10/8 and 10/9

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
bradmond
Submariner

Diving near Port Angeles 10/8 and 10/9

Post by bradmond »

I'm heading over to Port Angeles Friday night for the weekend. Planning on diving Salt Creek on Saturday and if I can get my tanks filled in Port Angeles, I will check out Ediz Hook on Sunday. I'll check ahead to see about air and if not available, maybe I'll do one tank each day to be able to check out both sites.

There's a crab festival in Port Angeles this weekend too.

Anyone want to go?
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Re: Diving near Port Angeles 10/8 and 10/9

Post by Scubak »

PM Sent
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

What time do you think you'll be hitting Ediz Hook? I'm tempted to drive over Sunday morning to meet up with you if it's not super early.
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Brad, getting tank fills in port Angeles is quite a feat. I would call ahead and arrange a time. Otherwise, you will need to give them a day to fill. Very sketchy.
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

Years ago the airfills in PA were suspect (noticeable taste), and the guy that ran the shop/compressor was not too reliable. But met a couple of experienced PA divers up at Hornsby this spring and they didn't have any complaints. New management? Cleaned up their act? Don't know but a report would be good.

Personally I would not bother with Ediz Hook. Since 9/11 you can't drive out to the end, unless that has changed recently. You are blocked halfway out at the Coast Guard gate. The good dive was the end.
The dive on the inside is an ugly cemetery of drowned logs, barren and kind of weird in a not fun way. I wouldn't dive it if I lived there let alone a long drive. Have not dove the outside so have no idea about that.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

With fmerkel's ringing endorsement, I'm out! ;^)

The last time I got fills in PA it was as if they hooked the compressor up to a cars exhaust pipe. I subsequently invested in 5 tanks so peninsula trips don't require the hassle of fills in PA. Hopefully the state of affairs has improved.
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

Thanks everyone, good to know about the air and Ediz Hook.