Looking for semi-regular dive buddy on Bainbridge

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Looking for semi-regular dive buddy on Bainbridge

Post by jmartel »

Just moved over to Bainbridge about a month and a half ago. Typically I dive with my wife, but she isn't going to be diving much over the winter (both of us dive wet). I'd like to find someone over on this side I can dive with so I don't have to keep crossing back over to Seattle. I'm AOW Nitrox so good in pretty much anything down to ~130ft rec limits as well as poking around in 20ft for an hour looking for little critters. Usually I dive with my camera rig as well.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Looking for semi-regular dive buddy on Bainbridge

Post by Gdog »

Feel free to join us on our Thursday nite dives at Redondo
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Howdy
There's a guy Chuck who dives on the island who does a lot of REEF dives. Cool guy but i dont think he has much of an online presense.

Alternatively, you could invite people here coming from the other side with you sometime. I`m sure there would be some up for the adventure occasionally. I could be! What sites do you hit?
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Post by jmartel »

Haven't done anything on the island yet. I moved over, then had a 2 week vacation diving in the Galapagos, and then just a couple weeks back. I dive occasionally with the Bubbles & Suds crew at Mukilteo/Edmonds. Was doing Three Tree a lot this summer before I moved, but that's under construction now so no access. I did Redondo last weekend for the first time and it was OK, but I definitely prefer Three Tree. Done the Cove 2 zoo a few times on a weekend with the crowds. There's not a whole lot of info on sites on the island, which is part of the reason why I'm looking for someone else to show me the ropes. Norrander's reef is one that keeps popping up that I'd like to do.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

jmartel wrote:Haven't done anything on the island yet. I moved over, then had a 2 week vacation diving in the Galapagos, and then just a couple weeks back. I dive occasionally with the Bubbles & Suds crew at Mukilteo/Edmonds. Was doing Three Tree a lot this summer before I moved, but that's under construction now so no access. I did Redondo last weekend for the first time and it was OK, but I definitely prefer Three Tree. Done the Cove 2 zoo a few times on a weekend with the crowds. There's not a whole lot of info on sites on the island, which is part of the reason why I'm looking for someone else to show me the ropes. Norrander's reef is one that keeps popping up that I'd like to do.
Redondo is best at night, and it is best to have someone give you a tour, otherwise you may miss the best stuff. The ThThTh crew among others would be happy to show you. ThThTh is a good time, especially if you're carrying a camera.

I have dove Norrander's several times and have enjoyed it -- but it did seem to be being taking over by barnacles last time I was there. Let us know if you go!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Norranders is good, with a long surface swim, you can get to metridium wall
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

I get back to Port Townsend semi-regularly, and would be happy to do some local diving with you.

My regular buddy lives in Kingston (when he's not overseas), maybe I can hook you up. We've done Norrander's quite a lot. I need to try Agate Pass.

glenn
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Post by jmartel »

I'm good with a drift dive on Agate. I'd like to do Deception pass at some point, but my wife and other usual buddy want none of it.

Not sure how long of a surface swim Metridium is. On the order of high tide at Edmonds trying to get out to the drydock? Or further?
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

I've only done Metridium wall from a boat... Seems like a heck of a surface swim.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

It is just that, long, but I know people that have done it. For us, it was trip from scooters'Ville.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.