Any Olympic Peninsula Divers?

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
njnigam
Frequent Bubbler

Any Olympic Peninsula Divers?

Post by njnigam »

Hey Everyone,

I moved back to Washington after a couple years up in Alaska and abroad! I'm currently living in Hoquiam, WA, and I work on call which only gives me a days notice to plan anything. Therefor, I thought it would be a good idea to branch out from my normal Seattle buddies who need to plan to get over to this side of the state. I'm really excited to start exploring the diving on the peninsula (beyond the hood canal), so I'm looking for an adventurous buddy in the area who doesn't mind my haphazard schedule. I'm a lot less busy for the next month and towards the end of summer. I like to take photos :)

My dive experience: 500-600 dives (approximately 200-300 in WA (Puget sound, San Juans, etc), the rest in CA and abroad)
Availability: Always, but never for sure

Interested in diving in Neah Bay, Sekiu, Salt Creek, etc. I'm also very interested in scouring the west coast for a possible dive location (though I'm told it's unlikely to find anything).
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Any Olympic Peninsula Divers?

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
Welcome!

I do believe we have several board members from the Peninsula side. And several of us from Seattle are eying maybe doing Salt Creek this weekend and/or coming weekends (assuming wind/viz bears it out), if that's of avail to you. It's a great site for photography.

-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!