Ongoing Buddies desired

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
SCUBARM79
Avid Diver

Ongoing Buddies desired

Post by SCUBARM79 »

Hello all! You've seen me lurking, I'm "refreshed" (officially) and am making dive plans. I'm looking for regular or occasional buddies as circumstances/schedules/interests align.

-What is your current level of experience (number of dives, certification level)?
#dives- lost count, let's just start over? OW Cert (officially), refreshed but still a bit rusty/wet behind the ears! desired to officially gain AOW and Rescue. (I've been CPR and first aid certified off/on for 30 yrs +AED, Mountain/Wilderness 1st Aid, Lifeguard, and other skills trained- like knots, etc.) Getting home is the goal on every adventure.

- Are you new to the area or new to diving cold water? NO to both. Local whole life, trained in cold water.

- What type of diving are you interested in?
"Trashure" (treasure) hunting, spearo, and seeing things/ exploration/ discovery. I'd like to do some river dives, boat dives, drifts, whatever the flavor of the adventure is! Alpine lake? SURE! The journey is as important as the destination. Still haven't arrived yet though...

- Do you have any preferences or limitations that your dive buddies should be aware of? (e.g., don't like to go deeper than ___, don't like to do long surface swims, prefer seeing critters to wrecks, etc.)
Besides tight budget??? :rawlings:

I am a wetsuit diver and dive analog. still learning my wrist computer thingy (not air integrated)... I can help you get into your drysuit. I've not had issues with cold...so far.

I am making YouTube "shows" and will be filming on location at my dives (unless otherwise specified). You do not have to appear on camera or be named and will remain incognito if desired ("Here with my dive buddy."). I totally respect your privacy. I may ask you to hold a camera if willing, otherwise I will improvise. My show will be traveling all around Puget Sound, may involve international travel (Canada-for now) and is meant to be an adventure! I plan to also go EAST of the mountains! This means- may find a beach and dive it just to see what's out there. Local lake? -sure! drift a river? Why not...

- When are you available to go diving? I am a busy parent. This makes me have to plan ahead. Unfortunately, this also means my schedule isn't always very flexible, but it does flex! I am regularly on the Dive Plan Thread- intend to join as I can (darn soccer practices!!) If I have a date that stands out, I'll post the objective. I live North of Seattle, getting into town can be tough depending on time of day.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Ongoing Buddies desired

Post by Nwbrewer »

Hi SCUBARM,

I live in the north end, I'm good for an afternoon/evening tide most weekdays if you give me a little warning. I wasn't diving much for a bit, but I'm re-energized and trying to put back together a solid buddy pool.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

I'm in Seattle proper, and going to school at night, but should be able to squeeze in some weekend dives in December!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
SCUBARM79
Avid Diver

Post by SCUBARM79 »

Thanks guys! Good to know. Tomorrow I'm diving with a DM from Lighthouse in a "shop dive" but it looks like it's just he and I. T-Dock, meet at 1pm.
bubblesNsuch
Getting To Know Folks

Post by bubblesNsuch »

Hey there,

Not sure if you're still looking but I find myself in Seattle for a month and I'm hoping to dive as much as possible. 10 days ago I was in South Africa with no plans to come home so no time to plan ahead. I'm in West Seattle but could maybe find a way to travel some.