Looking for buddies...

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
Looking4Lumpies
Getting To Know Folks

Looking for buddies...

Post by Looking4Lumpies »

Hello...

Just introduced myself so this may be redundant.

I'm really happy to have found this site. Being new to the community and a solo diver (friends and family don't dive), I'm trying to get into the dive community but it has been more difficult than I expected.

OW certified Aug 2020, including nitrox (and I learned in a drysuit).
AOW certified in Cancun in March 2020.
Was scheduled for GUE Fundies in April but C19 put our course on hold.

~40+ dives to date, all but 7 have been in the PNW.

I'm not great at navigation (yet) so prefer diving with someone that knows the location or at sites that are fairly simple (Dondo, etc.).

I really am flexible on what type of dives and where... I just like being in the water. I'm comfortable to 100 ft. with a diver that's more experienced than I am and have been to 145 (in a Cenote).
I'm comfortable with night/crap vis dives and just make sure to stay close to my buddy. I'm happy to drive to a site (Sund Rock, Keystone, etc.) or dive local.

I just invested in a camera set up so want to start using it, but don't need to if it doesn't work with the dive plan.

Like a lot of the world, I've been WFH over the last few months. My schedule is pretty flexible but late afternoon/evenings and weekends are best. I try to always have a tank or two full so I can be ready to go on short notice.

I'm kind and considerate... but still struggling with buddies. :-(
Let me know if you'd like to know more.
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Re: Looking for buddies...

Post by Scubak »

Hope to see you at a dive site soon!
Where are you located as there are some great shop dives, club dives, N. Sound dive groups and S.Sound dive groups?
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
bubblesNsuch
Getting To Know Folks

Re: Looking for buddies...

Post by bubblesNsuch »

Hi there,

I'm in Seattle for the next month and I'm hoping to dive as much as I can. I'm DM certified and pretty comfortable with navigating but, full disclosure, I'm not familiar with any of the sites around here so we'd be sticking to the simpler ones and using maps unless we link up with someone else. I'm trying to line up a shop dive soon to get a feel for a couple West Seattle sites.

Sadly, I'm renting gear so I'd love to try to pack in a bunch of dives in a week.

Let me know!