Dive buddy's/ groups

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
Kingpin
Getting To Know Folks

Dive buddy's/ groups

Post by Kingpin »

Hello I'm a pretty new diver only about 15 logged dives (just got my open water cert in June). I'm looking for more opportunities to dive and obviously don't want to go solo. I'm wanting/available to dive weeknights and Saturday's. I know about Thursday night at redondo but if there are other opportunities as well I would love to tag along and get more experience.

Thank you,

Mike.
Boarderguy
Frequent Bubbler

Re: Dive buddy's/ groups

Post by Boarderguy »

Check out YSS Dive in hoodsport. RS Scuba in Puyallup has monthly shop dives. I believe underwater Sports in Tacoma had weekly dives. Lots of opportunities of you join the associated Facebook pages. It would also help to know what area you're in because a 2 hour drive is not always an option.
- Jacob -
WetKen
Getting To Know Folks

Post by WetKen »

Mike, Welcome to the board. There are several FB sites with groups that dive every week. I tend to dive once a month in Puget Sound and look for buddies before each trip over the mountain, I live in Ellensburg. I post on the FB sites as they tend to be more active with buddy finding and local dive shop dives. You can PM me for exact sites, not sure I can say on this board, and don't have time to read the rules to find out. Should not be hard to find groups and buddies!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Hi Mike,
Welcome to the addiction! 🌊🤿🥳🐙

Here are a few fantastic ways to meet dive buddies.

Wednesday night groups
Bubbles and Suds at Mukilteo
GUE weekly dive at Redondo or cove2

Thursday night diving at redondo (Facebook group) with NWDC peeps ThThTh
We usually plan weekend dives on Thursday nights.

Other good ways to meet people is to hang out at cove2 or Edmonds.

Dive trips with dive shops Anacortes Diving, Silent World, YSS , Off The Hook and others .

Also a really fun way is to go out on a dive boat with Banditos, YSS or See Ya.

Facebook groups
Marker Buoy, or join REEF to do fun fish surveys with cool fish geeks! 🐟🐳🐬🐟🐙🐡🤩🖖

You can check see a full list on pnwdiving.com under resources.

Good luck and happy Diving!
:) Jess
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

We happy to have ya if you are in the North end
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Kingpin
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Kingpin »

Thank you all for the help! If anyone that sees this is ever interested in an after work dive not on wed or Thursday as there is already diving groups on those days feel free to hit me up. Either on here or text me 25three 6six6 zero288. Thanks again all!

I'm down to dive any area in the pierce king county area. I get off work in Kent at 4 and live In Tacoma so anywhere in those area will work with me.