Diving Opportunities-Newer diver

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
Waltschnapp
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Diving Opportunities-Newer diver

Post by Waltschnapp »

I'm new to the area and have only logged 6 dives total, received my OW certification back in June of this year.
I live in Puyallup and can usually be available most weekends and in the evening on week days, am okay with anywhere in Pierce/King counties.
I don't currently have my dry suit certification would be normal 7mm wetsuit.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Diving Opportunities-Newer diver

Post by Norris »

There are many south end divers, I assume they will speak up. We dive Wednesdays "bubbles and suds" but are in Everett.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Diving Opportunities-Newer diver

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
You may want to consider going with a trained dive master til you get to dive 10+. The average diver may not be equipped and trained to deal with such a newer diver especially with that gap. Some divers are very good, very patient with newer divers, but not all. You may want to ask ahead to ensure you'll have the right buddy.

Seattle dive tours and many local shops can likely help you out on a led dive with a dive master. I also suggest you sIgn up for a couple more courses to get in some more hours and instruction. It's a great way to find more dive buddies and be a little more self-sufficient. You can get a night dive cert too so you can join on after work dives posted in the planning section.

You'll be up and running soon!
-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!