Looking for Dive Buddies - August 25-30

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
Mark Duddridge
Getting To Know Folks

Looking for Dive Buddies - August 25-30

Post by Mark Duddridge »

Hey everybody!

I'm going to be vacationing in Seattle from August 25-30, and I am looking for buddies to dive with while I'm there.

A bit about me...

I got certified 6 years ago while I was attending university in British Columbia. I hadn't done much diving since then until I found out this year that there is an active diving community here in Manitoba. Since then I've purchased my own equipment and have started diving on a regular basis. Since I was certified I've dived in British Columbia, Cuba, Maui, and now Manitoba. I recently completed my Advanced Open Water and Rescue Diver courses and have just started my Divemaster training. The diving here in Manitoba is all cold, dark, silty lake diving, but it's an opportunity to breath underwater and train, so we do it happily!

I absolutely love diving and am committed to doing it safely. I'd love the opportunity to meet and dive with anyone out there who feels similarly. While I'm in the area, I'd like to do as much diving as possible and am open to both shore diving and boat charters. I'm free both evenings and weekends.

I'll have all of my own equipment including a drysuit while I'm in Seattle. As well, I'll have my own car so transportation to/from dive sites won't be a problem.

If any of you are interested in doing some dives while I'm out there, drop me an email or give me a call at...

Mark_Duddridge@cpr.ca
(204) 944-7019

Hope to hear from you!

Mark Duddridge
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Re: Looking for Dive Buddies - August 25-30

Post by Pez7378 »

Hey Mark! Shop around and figure out if there are any sites you'd like to do in particular. I'm sure we can get out one evening for a dive. Maybe 100 ft rock? http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=369
Mark Duddridge
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Mark Duddridge »

Pez7378 wrote:Hey Mark! Shop around and figure out if there are any sites you'd like to do in particular. I'm sure we can get out one evening for a dive. Maybe 100 ft rock? http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=369
Hey Pez7378,

I'm used to diving in a lake with 10-15 foot viz and so few fish that seeing a single bass makes your entire dive. Given that... I am certain any dive you would like to do would be great. I'm not picky!

Besides, you will know which sites would be best on whichever day you can dive with regards to currents. Why don't you give me a day(s)/time(s) you would like to dive and which sites you would like to do or can do given the currents. I'll have a blast wherever we go!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

if you guys get something together on the 30th in the south part of the sound, i'll do my best to come up for it.

welcome to the board, mark!
Mark Duddridge
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Mark Duddridge »

Hey spatman and Scubagirl45,

I'd love to dive with you guys on the 30th. Let me know when your schedules are confirmed and where/when you would like to meet.

Easiest way to reach me is probably email... Mark_Duddridge@cpr.ca

But feel free to call me if you prefer the phone... (204) 944-7019

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Mark
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Mark Duddridge wrote:Hey spatman and Scubagirl45,

I'd love to dive with you guys on the 30th. Let me know when your schedules are confirmed and where/when you would like to meet.

Easiest way to reach me is probably email... Mark_Duddridge@cpr.ca

But feel free to call me if you prefer the phone... (204) 944-7019

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Mark

hey mark! i drive up to the puget sound from portland, oregon, so the south end is best for me. i try to get up there by 9am-ish and get in 3 dives before heading back around 5-6pm-ish. where are you staying while you're in seattle, and do you think this would work for you?
Mark Duddridge
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Mark Duddridge »

spatman wrote:hey mark! i drive up to the puget sound from portland, oregon, so the south end is best for me. i try to get up there by 9am-ish and get in 3 dives before heading back around 5-6pm-ish. where are you staying while you're in seattle, and do you think this would work for you?
Hey Spatman,

Would work perfectly for me!

I'm staying in Olympia which, if I'm not mistaken, is on the south end of Puget Sound. You name the place, I'll make sure I'm there. The times you're suggesting also sound great (0900-1800). Were you still thinking of August 30?

Looking forward to meeting/diving with you!

Mark
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Mark Duddridge wrote:Hey Spatman,

Would work perfectly for me!

I'm staying in Olympia which, if I'm not mistaken, is on the south end of Puget Sound. You name the place, I'll make sure I'm there. The times you're suggesting also sound great (0900-1800). Were you still thinking of August 30?

Looking forward to meeting/diving with you!

Mark

it's a plan, mark! we'll shoot for the 30th at 9am, site TBD but somewhere south-ish. i'm sure i could convince a couple other divers to come along. (penopolypants? scottsax? sheri? pez? fishstiq? anyone? bueller?)

there are several good sites to choose from down there in the sound. we could also do hood canal which is about equidistant from olympia.

i'll PM you my email address and cell phone number. let's touch base in a couple weeks and pick a site.

sound good?
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

spatman wrote:it's a plan, mark! we'll shoot for the 30th at 9am, site TBD but somewhere south-ish. i'm sure i could convince a couple other divers to come along. (penopolypants? scottsax? sheri? pez? fishstiq? anyone? bueller?)

there are several good sites to choose from down there in the sound. we could also do hood canal which is about equidistant from olympia.

i'll PM you my email address and cell phone number. let's touch base in a couple weeks and pick a site.

sound good?
I'm gonna say I'm 90%. There's a slim chance I may have to work #-o so I'll keep y'all posted.
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

scottsax wrote:I'm gonna say I'm 90%. There's a slim chance I may have to work #-o so I'll keep y'all posted.
it would be good to see you, dude. been a while now...
Sheri
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Sheri »

Hi Mark! Color me there, Spatman... Not on call, will (hopefully) have finished AOW by then, and this will mean I can tell people I actually HAVE something planned over Labor Day weekend. \:D/

Looking forward to hooking up on the 30th.
- sheri
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

w00t!

this is turning out to be a party!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

spatman wrote:
scottsax wrote:I'm gonna say I'm 90%. There's a slim chance I may have to work #-o so I'll keep y'all posted.
it would be good to see you, dude. been a while now...
No doubt!

I talked to my coworkers after I posted-I'm upgrading to 95% now. It all depends on how much testing we can get done in the next 3 weeks. I hate the phrase "due diligence."
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Mark,
I'll send you an e-mail...
I'm going to say there is a 99.9% chance I'll be diving on Thursday the 28th. Two shore dives, somewhere.
How about a dusk dive and a night dive at the same site. I can show you alot of critters at Three Tree N. or Redondo!
Both sites are relatively light current and fun at all depths!

Keith :smt035
253-241-5090
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Mark Duddridge
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Mark Duddridge »

Thanks for all the replies, guys! Really looking forward to meeting and diving with all of you!

Mark
Mark Duddridge
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Mark Duddridge »

Hey Everybody,

I've just received some news that I'm afraid will effect my dive plans next week. The primary reason my wife and I were making it out to Seattle was to visit my wife's uncle and aunt in Olympia. Her aunt just found out, however, that her father has been diagnosed with aggressive, late-stage terminal cancer. So, instead of us going out to Seattle to meet them, they are actually coming back to Manitoba to spend some time with him. As such, we've been forced to cancel our trip plans.

I am tremendously disappointed that I will be unable to meet and dive with all of you. I've been blown away by how friendly and accepting all the wonderful people on this forum have been. I was really looking forward to meeting all of you in person and experiencing the beautiful Puget Sound. When we do finally make it out to Seattle, I intend to look all of you up again.

Catch you all later!

Mark Duddridge
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Mark,

I'm so sorry to hear that. All my best to you and your family. Don't worry-we'll keep the water green and cold until you get out here.

Scott

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

i echo scott's remarks. i hope all turns out well with your family, and look forward to your visit someday.
Sheri
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Sheri »

Sorry for the circumstances, Mark. Make sure you let us know when you'll be down here next, and take care.
- sheri
"Dude... When your IQ gets to 50, SELL!" - Grateful Diver
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Dude! you didn't make a single dive here and yet you have so many ready and willing dive buddies. That's Cool!
Sorry to hear of the unfortunate illness, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and the family affected by such terrible news.
Looking fwd to diving with you when you get out this way.

Keith :smt035
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: