New to the area and need a buddy

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
scubajim
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New to the area and need a buddy

Post by scubajim »

HI everyone. I just moved here from New England and I'm looking for someone to dive with around the edmonds area, mostly the dive park. I'm free anytime (mornings or afternoons) until sept 25th.
About me:
I've only had my certification about a year and have 18 logged dives. and being from CT i'm ok with the cold.
I'm reallly excited about diving here so if anyone is free and needs a buddy please let me know
Jim
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: New to the area and need a buddy

Post by Dusty2 »

Welcome to the board, You came to the right place to hook up with experianced dive buddies.

If you are interested in the undewater park there drop into underwater sports in Edmonds. All the crew that support and maintain the park meet there on weekends. There are several people on this board that dive in that area regularly also. There are several sites near Edmonds to dive so you should like it here.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Jim, I'd be happy to show you around the dive park on Monday (9/8) if you like. PM me. Do you have your own gear?
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

LCF wrote:Jim, I'd be happy to show you around the dive park on Monday (9/8) if you like. PM me. Do you have your own gear?
Jim... I just moved here myself from Boston and I think you'll find the PNW (and this board) about the friendliest place to dive. None of the east coast hubris here. There's no way you won't be able to find a buddy on this board. There's always someone diving somewhere at any given moment.

You'll also be psyched to find out that the sea life is way more interesting and diverse than the Boston area. If you've done dives in LI Sound (I dove there lots as a young guy) you'll be blown away by what you can see on an average dive here.

The obligatory question on the table... Did you live west enough in CT for your hat to be blue... or red? I promise I won't hold the answer against you :)

Welcome!

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Welcome to the NWDC Jim. I'm sure you'll find the diving here is even more than you could imagine!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sockmonkey wrote:The obligatory question on the table... Did you live west enough in CT for your hat to be blue... or red? I promise I won't hold the answer against you :)
yeah, right! all you sox fans always say that. and when the answer is "blue" you get pouty!

LET'S GO YAN-KEES!

(i actually can't stand the yankees, even though i grew up in NY. but i DO enjoy giving sox fans a hard time!)
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

spatman wrote:
Sockmonkey wrote:The obligatory question on the table... Did you live west enough in CT for your hat to be blue... or red? I promise I won't hold the answer against you :)
yeah, right! all you sox fans always say that. and when the answer is "blue" you get pouty!

LET'S GO YAN-KEES!

(i actually can't stand the yankees, even though i grew up in NY. but i DO enjoy giving sox fans a hard time!)
Ahem... I didn't say I was FROM Boston... I was just stuck there for 10 years... I could only wear my pinstriped boxers and went incognito during my stay in MA.

-Eric

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sockmonkey wrote:Ahem... I didn't say I was FROM Boston... I was just stuck there for 10 years... I could only wear my pinstriped boxers and went incognito during my stay in MA.

-Eric
ah, ok. i retract my :smt064 , sir.

so, you're from NY?
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

spatman wrote:
Sockmonkey wrote:Ahem... I didn't say I was FROM Boston... I was just stuck there for 10 years... I could only wear my pinstriped boxers and went incognito during my stay in MA.

-Eric
ah, ok. i retract my :smt064 , sir.

so, you're from NY?
Wrong Island ;)

-Eric

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sockmonkey wrote:Wrong Island ;)
dude, show some pride! it's Strong Island!

i grew up in Rockville Centre and my folks had a summer place in Montauk, until it got over-ran with East-Hamptoners, and then they sold and moved out here.
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

Now that we've totally hijacked this into the Lawnguyland thread... sorry scubajim.

Ha. Do you remember the silly suburban gang called SIB? Strong Island Boys. Or had you left by then?

Funny my mom works in Stern-ville Centre.

I'm more of a nawth showah guy growing up in Port Jeff.

-Eric
spatman wrote:
Sockmonkey wrote:Wrong Island ;)
dude, show some pride! it's Strong Island!

i grew up in Rockville Centre and my folks had a summer place in Montauk, until it got over-ran with East-Hamptoners, and then they sold and moved out here.

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sockmonkey wrote:Now that we've totally hijacked this into the Lawnguyland thread... sorry scubajim.

Ha. Do you remember the silly suburban gang called SIB? Strong Island Boys. Or had you left by then?

-Eric
i headed west in '89, so i must've missed the SIB. good thing you clarified the north shore being Port Jeff. i generally can't stand people from up there, but you're far enough east to be cool...
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

Agreed. Glad you didn't confuse pj with port washington.... or worse assumed great neck. Yuck.

-Eric
spatman wrote:
Sockmonkey wrote:Now that we've totally hijacked this into the Lawnguyland thread... sorry scubajim.

-Eric
i headed west in '89, so i must've missed the SIB. good thing you clarified the north shore being Port Jeff. i generally can't stand people from up there, but you're far enough east to be cool...

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sockmonkey wrote:.... or worse assumed great neck. Yuck.
<shiver> ewww.
scubajim
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by scubajim »

The obligatory question on the table... Did you live west enough in CT for your hat to be blue... or red? I promise I won't hold the answer against you :)

Welcome!

-Eric[/quote]
Thanks for the welcome. my hats red..........GO REDSOX!! I snorkeled the dive park last weekend and I can't wait to get in the water on monday!