Looking for local dive buddies to go diving with...

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
babs13
Dive-aholic

Looking for local dive buddies to go diving with...

Post by babs13 »

Hello!

I'm looking for dive buddies. I have 9 dives under my weight belt [5 in cold water in the past 3 weeks, 4 in warm waters- where I was certified to 60' by PADI]. I'm into seeing cute creatures; but, wreaks are neat too with all the life. A long surface swim can be a drag, but don't mind it if there is something cool to see. I don't mind going 50-60 ft deep. I'd like to go much deeper once I have AOW certification. Ideally, my dive buddies would have had about 15-50 dives. I'm usually free to go diving after 6pm on the weeknights and on the weekends. I'm the process of getting all gear.

Let's go diving.

Barbara
Step 1: I have a diving problem.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Looking for local dive buddies to go diving with...

Post by Dusty2 »

Hi Babs, I have no problem with new divers once in awhile. We were all there once and if we didn't recieve help from others probably wouldn't be diving now.
As long as you don't mind diving slow and looking at the critters. I dive with my soon to be 81 year old dad so I'm used to keeping a close eye on my buddies and things like long swims or walks are not on my list of fun things.

What area are you in?
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Looking for local dive buddies to go diving with...

Post by LCF »

Well, I was going to volunteer, but I have a lot more than 50 dives . . . :-)

It's a particular pleasure for me to take out new divers, and pay forward some of the kindness that was shown me when I was new. I'm in Woodinville, so my usual haunts are around Alki and at Edmonds. If those sites are convenient to you, shoot me a PM. (I also have a fair amount of spare gear to lend, if you haven't acquired all your stuff yet.)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames