Looking for dive buddies to plan dives with

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
slodivegirl
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Looking for dive buddies to plan dives with

Post by slodivegirl »

Hi, I live in PDX area.

I've been cold water, wetsuit diving since '03. However, when I moved to PNW I took up drysuit diving. I've been having a hard time adjusting. Mainly cuz I don't get to dive enough. when I lived in Central Coast area of CA I would dive at least 1/month. Since moving here, due to job constraints and dive buddy constraints I've not been so diligent.

I have my AOW and almost Nitrox cert'd. I've done several wreck dives, some night dives. I've dived Monastary in Carmel,CA. Let me just say, some pretty trecherous diving is in Monterery and I've dived it. (but I am not that good a diver).
I've dived Loretto, Mexico, San Diego wreck alley (CA), Monterey, CA, Channel Islands, CA, Lake Tahoe, CA, Hood Canal, Wa, Florida Keys, and Roatan, Honduras.

I'm not interested in merit badges or being a techy diver. I like to dive and mosey and view critters and wrecks. Ilike to hunt crab and lobster (yea... no lobster up here). I had a great dive buddy until recently. So I need someone to form a friendship with who will be patient with me (my drysuit skills are still sucky) and help me work on my skills. My last 2 dives were in Hood Canal (Octupus Hole) in March and they were the best drysuit dives I had had up to that point.

So... If you think you'd be interested just PM me ;-)

I had a trip to the Bahamas that I was supposed to be on this week... but Hurricane Ike interfered, so I'm back here, working. :crybaby: I'm interested in diving this weekend if someone is up to it. Just need to plan it. I mostly do day trips to conserve costs.

Look forward to meeting people. :prayer:
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Re: Looking for dive buddies to plan dives with

Post by scottsax »

Welcome! Nearly any time, 24 hours a day, someone from this board is in the water, so you'll find no shortage of buddies to dive with. We're planning a club dive in October, but there's plenty of other opportunities to dive every day.

What days work best for you?

In the Oreon diver forum, you can find carpool opportunities, too.

Let's go diving!
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

like i mentioned on your other post, we're heading up on saturday. you're welcome to join us, just drop me a PM!

scott - you still interested in diving saturday?
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

spatman wrote:like i mentioned on your other post, we're heading up on saturday. you're welcome to join us, just drop me a PM!

scott - you still interested in diving saturday?
Yeah man! Holla at yo' boy when you know what's happening! :supz:
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
cmason
Just Settling In

Post by cmason »

I'm also new to the pacific NW and also looking to get wet this weekend. I'd be up for any non-deco diving. I'm on single tank. Let me know if you've got something going on that I can join this weekend or whenever...

cmason@cmason.com
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

cmason wrote:I'm also new to the pacific NW and also looking to get wet this weekend. I'd be up for any non-deco diving. I'm on single tank. Let me know if you've got something going on that I can join this weekend or whenever...

cmason@cmason.com
haha! i just replied to your email, telling you about this website! too funny.
cmason
Just Settling In

Post by cmason »

So I've been desperately trying to satisfy my N2 craving for this weekend... Called Seven Seas about their trip through Pacific Adventure on Weds: plenty of space; today: full. Argh! Too slow...

I have a call into Bandito Charters about Sunday... but I honestly had a great time in Hood Canal with Shell a month or so ago and would happily do that again.

What do you think? I'm not sure I can manage another weekend without diving... ;-)

-c
fisherken
Just Settling In

Post by fisherken »

I might be diving Netarts Bay near Tillamook Sunday Sept 14 if you or anyone is interested.
Life is an adventure not a guided tour.
cmason
Just Settling In

Post by cmason »

Thanks a bunch to Matt, Penelope and Scott, Dave and Ellen for a great day of diving at Redondo Beach.

-c
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

cmason wrote:Thanks a bunch to Matt, Penelope and Scott, Dave and Ellen for a great day of diving at Redondo Beach.

-c
I had a great time until after everyone left and I locked my keys in the toolbox of my truck ](*,) and had to have a locksmith pull the lock button apart to get them out. Luckily a locksmith just happened to show up for someone elses car about an hour after I locked my keys in.
Thanks for bearing with me Ellen.

Note to self: Buy a friggin hide-a-key box!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

man, that sucks!

here's what i did when i used that BC and a wetsuit:
get a key made that's just a blank metal one and put a simple split ring on it. in one of the pockets of that BC is a clip that you can attach to the split ring. keep the clipped key inside the zipped pocket and you're good to go.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Oh I did that. This was after the dive. After I had retrieved the key from the BC and used it to unlock the box and packed up all my stuff. I then proceeded to stupidly set the keys in the box and close it. I think the lesson learned from this was powerful enough for that to not happen again. Knock on wood.

PS: The BC (without an extra key in it) was in the box with the keys.
Last edited by ORDiver on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

ah, gotcha. that sucks, though! it usually only takes one screw up to remember not to do that. usually...