need a dive buddy Edmonds oil dock 9/12

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
dieseldude
Extreme Diving Machine

need a dive buddy Edmonds oil dock 9/12

Post by dieseldude »

I know it's last minute but I'm gonna throw it out there-i'm looking for a dive buddy for 4:30 or 5pm today at Edmonds oil Dock-I had a last minute cancelation-I will be there between 4:30 & 5pm & hope to be in the water no later than 5pm
i am OW certified & have 24 logged dives-I'm not particular about dive buddies & this is to be a leisurely swim along the pilings down & back-consider it a Friday evening stress reliever-nothing fancy-not very deep-I can be reached @ 425-501-6611
Mike J
" What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: need a dive buddy Edmonds oil dock 9/12

Post by Grateful Diver »

Mike ... not sure the oil dock is a good idea today ... did you check the current chart? My guess is it'd be anything but a stress-reliever. You really wanna be doing that site on a smaller exchange ... otherwise you really don't get a slack, the current just swirls around until it settles in a new direction.

Do as you please (obviously) but I'd recommend a different dive site considering the tidal exchanges ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
dieseldude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by dieseldude »

My tide book doesn't show edmonds but high tide everett is 10.4 at 4:50pm & the next low is 5.1 at 10:37pm
My downloaded current chart is for edmonds & it says slack at 5:21pm
I never get more than an hour-figured in at 5 & out at 6-didn't look that bad to me-admittedly I'm still learning to read the charts-i am familiar with the current in edmonds which is kind of why I like the dock
Thank you for the concern
MJ
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I wouldn't dive the Oil Dock today.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
gcbryan
Submariner

Post by gcbryan »

If the Northwest Shore Dives book is correct you are going to be 1 1/2 hours late (past slack before ebb).
dieseldude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by dieseldude »

For what it's worth I went & had a nice dive-the vis wasn't as good as last friday but it was still alot better than many of the dives I've been on-other than some surge in close to shore there was no current to speak of-I made it out to the "T" part of the dock before starting to get chilly-I don't have a real undergarment-need to get one-Heres a couple of pic's-
EdmondsOilDocksep12 003.jpg
EdmondsOilDocksep12 027.jpg
EdmondsOilDocksep12 028.jpg
EdmondsOilDocksep12 058.jpg
EdmondsOilDocksep12 055.jpg
EdmondsOilDocksep12 004.jpg
EdmondsOilDocksep12 032.jpg
If you look real close in the 2nd to last picture there is a lttle green eel that is camoflauged very well-Anyone know what it is?
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Glad you had a safe dive. The fish is a Penpoint Gunnel.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option