Vis report?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Cera
Submariner

Vis report?

Post by Cera »

How was the vis this weekend in the sound or the canal???
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
peo
Avid Diver

Mukilteo

Post by peo »

Cera wrote:How was the vis this weekend in the sound or the canal???
Mukilteo last night was about 4-5 ft down to 30, where it cleared up a bit but it was still pretty bad down to 125'.
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Saturday at Redondo was not very good. First dive it was 1-3' down to 40'. Got gradually better and cleared up to 5-10' after about 60'. That wasn't too bad. Second dive we never went deeper than 60' but up to that depth the viz never got better than 3' and probably was closer to 1'. If you didn't constantly watch your buddy, they disappeared. We called the second dive after about 25 minutes. Just wasn't worth it.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

It's terrible- 2-3 feet at Muk this AM; 3-4 feet at Cove 2 Friday.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

BOOO.. I would say I hope it clears up.. but its supposed to keep raining this week....
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

dove cove 2 sunday nite, vis was 1-2 feet untill about 30 foot depth then it opened up a bit more and was great at 60 foot.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Keystone Jetty today 11/13, Monda was about 15 feet, but surgy and silty.
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Today, Tuesday, visibility down to ten feet at Keystone Jetty, Whidbey Island
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

monday night viz was about 4 - 5 feet. at 60fsw.
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

WylerBear wrote:Saturday at Redondo was not very good. First dive it was 1-3' down to 40'. Got gradually better and cleared up to 5-10' after about 60'. That wasn't too bad. Second dive we never went deeper than 60' but up to that depth the viz never got better than 3' and probably was closer to 1'. If you didn't constantly watch your buddy, they disappeared. We called the second dive after about 25 minutes. Just wasn't worth it.
:smt119 sucky!!!
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets