MMM 7/26

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Blaiz
Pelagic

MMM 7/26

Post by Blaiz »

I have Monday off, and would love to hit up a few dives. Any of you regulars gonna be there?
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: MMM 7/26

Post by Nwbrewer »

I'm in for dive 1 this week.

Blaiz, let me know if you're in for dive 1, I don't know if anybody else is going to be there.
Last edited by Nwbrewer on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

I'm in for dive 2!

Lauri
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

I plan to be there for dive 2.
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

Anyone bringing scooters? I want to test out my battery. It continues to show some wacky charging issues. (Way more fun to do it diving, than in the bathtub!)

Lauri
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

Nwbrewer, I am indeed planning to be there for dive 1, would be great to meet up with ya
The student was ready.

Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Blaiz wrote:Nwbrewer, I am indeed planning to be there for dive 1, would be great to meet up with ya
be careful, i heard brewer freedives sometime :smt064
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Peter and I will be there for Dive 1, and maybe dive 2, depending on the availability of horse feeders.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
bfann
Avid Diver

Post by bfann »

I'll be there for dive 2.

I'm thinking about switching from my split fins to some paddle fins, but I haven't had a chance to try any yet. If anyone who is planning on participating in dive 2 has an extra pair of jet fins or F-1s that I could borrow, I would appreciate it.
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

bfann wrote:I'll be there for dive 2.

I'm thinking about switching from my split fins to some paddle fins, but I haven't had a chance to try any yet. If anyone who is planning on participating in dive 2 has an extra pair of jet fins or F-1s that I could borrow, I would appreciate it.
Darn - have an extra set at hm, but going straight to MMM from work. If you don't get any takers this week, let me know and I'll bring a pair for you to try next week.

Lauri
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

ldevore wrote:
bfann wrote:I'll be there for dive 2.

Darn - have an extra set at hm, but going straight to MMM from work. If you don't get any takers this week, let me know and I'll bring a pair for you to try next week.

Lauri
Same here, I have some jets, but some friends are currently using them, I'll have them after this week though.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
bfann
Avid Diver

Post by bfann »

No worries, I just want to make sure to try them out before Underwater Sports' big sale next weekend, so I can try to meet up with people next Monday too.

Thanks,

Brian
Willis
Just Settling In

Post by Willis »

Late to the party - but just wanted to say thanks everyone for some fantastic dives. I really need to get over here more often.
Will
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

Glad you could make it, Will. Hope you had some fun! That eel was something else! Amazing :)
The student was ready.

Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

In the pre-dive discussion with Will, "Yeah, we just kind of dive this site because it's convenient, there's nothing really special here."

After seeing 3 octo's, and a free swimming juvenile wolfeel, I'm not sure what he thinks about us. Glad you could make it out for a dive in the local "mud hole". :partydance:

Blaiz it was nice meeting and diving with you. You were an excellent buddy for only having 20-ish dives.

LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I think one of the greatest things about Puget Sound is that there are really no "mudholes". A given site may be uninteresting at first glance, but if you dive slowly and carefully, almost anyplace will reward you with something interesting -- and on occasion, you'll hit the scuba diving jackpot (she says, remembering seeing a six gill shark while scootering over the endless silt plains between Cove 0 and Cove 1).
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Willis
Just Settling In

Post by Willis »

Hah - local mud hole.
Here's my local mud hole:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twEi7ck2qXI[/youtube]
Monday, in comparison, was beyond stellar.
I, for one, try not to take for granted that I'm only 4-5 hours from the sound. Some have it much worse than I for local diving. Y'all that are 10 minutes from such a site as Mukilteo are really lucky in my book. I dove it again this morning before heading back to Spokane - the same Wolf Eel was in the Geodome, and I also came across one about half his size out in the open at about 70' of H2O. No octos, as I didn't locate the habitats they were in, but so many fish, crab, shrimp, a good size egg yolk jelly, etc. etc.
Just for reference, the 1 minute video there is highlights from a one hour dive looking for (not finding) a boat called the Seeweewana in Lake Coeur d'Alene. I think you might be able to guess what didn't make the cut...
I lurk here a good amount as I'm guessing you all don't want to see much more of the same video above, but just know that I'd likely be beyond stoked about many of the things that don't make the cut for most of your diving. So thanks to everyone here who posts up trip reports and photos, they help keep me sane. Now I just need to find a way to make the drive out west more often.
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

And the thing that made me laugh out loud was the fact that it requires doubles to find that much silt! :rofl:
The student was ready.

H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Thanks for showing up Willis!!! We had a great dive ..
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Willis wrote:Hah - local mud hole.
Here's my local mud hole:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twEi7ck2qXI[/youtube]
Monday, in comparison, was beyond stellar.
I, for one, try not to take for granted that I'm only 4-5 hours from the sound. Some have it much worse than I for local diving. Y'all that are 10 minutes from such a site as Mukilteo are really lucky in my book. I dove it again this morning before heading back to Spokane - the same Wolf Eel was in the Geodome, and I also came across one about half his size out in the open at about 70' of H2O. No octos, as I didn't locate the habitats they were in, but so many fish, crab, shrimp, a good size egg yolk jelly, etc. etc.
Just for reference, the 1 minute video there is highlights from a one hour dive looking for (not finding) a boat called the Seeweewana in Lake Coeur d'Alene. I think you might be able to guess what didn't make the cut...
I lurk here a good amount as I'm guessing you all don't want to see much more of the same video above, but just know that I'd likely be beyond stoked about many of the things that don't make the cut for most of your diving. So thanks to everyone here who posts up trip reports and photos, they help keep me sane. Now I just need to find a way to make the drive out west more often.
Dude, I don't believe that was N. Idaho. That was Lake Washington on a day with good vis.....

It was good to meet you Will, make sure and post next time you're in town if you need a dive buddy.

Jake

LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

That was Lake Washington on a day with good vis.....
So true!