Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! September 18th!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! September 18th!

Post by LCF »

Okay! I guess I was hoping I could get it to display on the board, but if downloading it works for folks, super.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

LCF wrote:Okay! I guess I was hoping I could get it to display on the board, but if downloading it works for folks, super.
If someone takes a screen shot (with the document open ) it would pull up as an image.
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

nice list, if we are over loaded on hot-dogs should I get some burgers instead? I personally dont eat burgers but if others think that is better I can switch (I need a costco run either way friday)

Otherwise I can confirm I will be there (and possible the 9month Dry Ms.Spud, this weather isnt helping however, she said "what you want me to come hang out with a bunch of internet strangers on your dive board while you have fun and I stand in the rain" I added "dont forget dear you will have a wet weenie" then she told me to shutup and talk with my nerd scuba friends more) with HotDogs, Buns, some ketchup and mustard and some cream cheese

also I made a sign the other day that says "Continued Debating about the Narc'd Thread here" just to keep it clear where we can continue to chat about it if wanted (haha...too early? )

very excited to actually meet the people here :) (and dive with you)
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

There should be three divers under my name, the other two being chenari and love2dive, and we're actually probably going to be bringing an absolutely fantastic Waldorf salad...
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Here ya go
Attachments
whoscomingbutgeeknotonlist.PNG
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
The_Geoduck
Getting To Know Folks

Post by The_Geoduck »

Excellent.. I'm so glad I saw this post today. I've always wanted to dive Redondo!.. I'm in. Wouldn't mind pairing up with a big buddy though... I'm not a noobie, it just would be more fun diving with someone who's familiar with the site. Thanks!
I can bring tater salad.
-Michael

*If anyone's coming from Gig Harbor and would like to carpool... give me a shout.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

The last time we did a club dive at Redondo I brought my boat and took some folks over to the Maury Island barges. Is anyone coming who hasn't ever been to the barges and wants to give those a try for a dive? Be back in time for lunch and a 2nd shore dive. Lemme know if there's interest in that, otherwise I'll just shore dive too.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! September 18th!

Post by spatman »

CaptnJack wrote:The last time we did a club dive at Redondo I brought my boat and took some folks over to the Maury Island barges. Is anyone coming who hasn't ever been to the barges and wants to give those a try for a dive? Be back in time for lunch and a 2nd shore dive. Lemme know if there's interest in that, otherwise I'll just shore dive too.
Well, I've been but I'd happily go again!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

spatman wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:The last time we did a club dive at Redondo I brought my boat and took some folks over to the Maury Island barges. Is anyone coming who hasn't ever been to the barges and wants to give those a try for a dive? Be back in time for lunch and a 2nd shore dive. Lemme know if there's interest in that, otherwise I'll just shore dive too.
I'm just hoping to broaden people's horizons :)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

Ooooh!!! Me, me, me (and Psundquist, too). I've never been there. If you have room, we'd love to go. :)
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

You don't have a RIB do you? I'll take you up on the offer, but i have a dui harness so it would be a pain getting out of it to get back in the boat.

EDIT: it says on pyd the site is closed. http://www.planyourdive.com/map/sites/1 ... %20Barges/
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

I just noticed that I have a huge package of costco deli meat from camping last weekend un-opened.
if people want to bring bread and fixins I can bring my meat but just need to say "bring your meat" before sat morning
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

On another subject....some fabulous man (Grateful) loaned me his backplate at my first club dive a few years ago....and nowi dive one. Does anyone have a bp/w (and weight harness or pockets) that funkydiver could try out? He was insistent he didn't want bp when he started diving in january, but now he is really thinking about it (and might help some part of his trim issues).

Much appreciated if someone had a loaner he could try out. We have weights to put in pockets. I am abking cookies tomorrow....let me know what you wanted me to make for you as thanks.
Shell
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

I would be interested as well.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

shell, i'm probably going to do a dive in doubles whenever calvin shows up, so jim can use my singles rig if you haven't found another one by then.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

CaptnJack wrote:
spatman wrote:
I'm just hoping to broaden people's horizons :)
you're such a mensch. your bubbie would be so proud.

folks, take richard up on this offer. the barges are a fun, easy site and opportunities to get there don't happen often!
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

spudgunman wrote: just need to say "bring your meat" before sat morning
:rofl: :rofl: Is that what she said?? :rofl: :rofl:
Kelly
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

oregondiver wrote:On another subject....some fabulous man (Grateful) loaned me his backplate at my first club dive a few years ago....and nowi dive one. Does anyone have a bp/w (and weight harness or pockets) that funkydiver could try out? He was insistent he didn't want bp when he started diving in january, but now he is really thinking about it (and might help some part of his trim issues).

Much appreciated if someone had a loaner he could try out. We have weights to put in pockets. I am abking cookies tomorrow....let me know what you wanted me to make for you as thanks.
Shell
After the first dive, Jim can use mine (if he doesn't mind purple webbing). And my DUI weight harness...(standard black on that one), with the weights. No cookies required.
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Dashrynn wrote:You don't have a RIB do you? I'll take you up on the offer, but i have a dui harness so it would be a pain getting out of it to get back in the boat.

EDIT: it says on pyd the site is closed. http://www.planyourdive.com/map/sites/1 ... %20Barges/
Weight and trim harnesses aren't the greatest but we could deal with it.

The gravel pit permits were denied by the latest DNR commissioner, so I'm questioning if this is accurate. I will double check though cause I honestly haven't been there since the last Redondo club dive.

edit: In addition to the change of heart by DNR, Glacier NW's Army Corps permits were thrown out by Federal Court in August 2009. This negated a slew of State and Local permits which were interrelated and construction ceased. The legislature, DNR, and King County are still in negotiations to aquire ownership of the gravel mine or mining rights - its unclear exactly what they'd buy (below the tide line its long been a State Aquatic Reserve). There's no apparent restrictions on diving the barges which are in State waters.
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

how many can you cram into that boat?
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Blaiz wrote:how many can you cram into that boat?
Not that many, and it's a VERY generous offer by the Captain. Get onboard if you can!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I can bring a backplate and wing and weight belt -- don't have a spare weight harness.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
funkydiver
Frequent Bubbler

Post by funkydiver »

lizard0924 wrote:
oregondiver wrote:On another subject....some fabulous man (Grateful) loaned me his backplate at my first club dive a few years ago....and nowi dive one. Does anyone have a bp/w (and weight harness or pockets) that funkydiver could try out? He was insistent he didn't want bp when he started diving in january, but now he is really thinking about it (and might help some part of his trim issues).

Shell
After the first dive, Jim can use mine (if he doesn't mind purple webbing). And my DUI weight harness...(standard black on that one), with the weights. No cookies required.
Though my lovely wife is correct that I didn't want a backplate when I started, she knew I was a gear whore when she married me... like I told her, "I may be easy, but I'm not cheap" \:D/

Liz and Spatty, thanks for the offers... I will definitely take you up on it tomorrow... and purple wouldn't bother me in the least... I believe it's always a good thing to add "a splash of color" to one's ensemble ;)

See you all tomorrow!

funkydiver
Growing old is mandatory... Growing up is optional
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

CaptnJack wrote:
Dashrynn wrote: EDIT: it says on pyd the site is closed. http://www.planyourdive.com/map/sites/1 ... %20Barges/
The barges have always been open for diving, at least when they were not doing actual construction (weekends), and construction is currently stopped. We cruised by the Maury Island Barges dive site last weekend and all three barges appear to be in place as well as the small wreck there (at least on the Side Scan). A lot of center pilings (Dolphins) have been removed and new concrete dolphins installed, but it really hasn't effected the old dive site.

We'll try to stop by in the boat and say hello, then we'll most likely head over to the KVI Wreck for a dive in the current.
The_Geoduck
Getting To Know Folks

Post by The_Geoduck »

Wow! Your the Man. If you've got room... I'd love to go too. --Never dove the barges before