Monday Mukilteo Madness 8/23

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Monday Mukilteo Madness 8/23

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Well in the past few weeks there has been a bit of a lull in the program. I'm hoping to get together a good turnout for this coming Monday as I'll be in Neah Bay the following week and won't be able to attend. If you plan to join or even if you are just a maybe, please post up in this thread. It gives others a good idea of what to expect.

First dive splash at 4:00

Second dive splash at 6:30

Third dive to follow at the Diamond Knot :occasion5:

Divers of all skill and experience levels are welcome to join and dive plans are made accordingly. If we get enough people we might make a few groups i.e. shollower, deeper, scooter etc.

If there's a piece of dive gear you've desperately been wanting to try out post up. Somone might have just what you've been looking for.

Roll call - who's in?
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Monday Mukilteo Madness 8/23

Post by trevorrowe »

I'm in for dives 2 & 3.
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

Sorry, traveling, so I won't be able to make it.

Lauri
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Probably dive 1.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

I'll be there for dive 2 and 3!
April
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Possible for Dive 1. Have lots of spare gear.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I'm not sailing on Mondays any more this summer so I'll be there. Any Seattleites want to carpool up?
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Definitely in for dive 1.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I'll be there for 1-3. I need to swap batteries in my computer. It would be nice if somebody had spare BT or gauge in case it has issues other than a battery.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

I have a spare you could use if you can't get yours sorted out.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Gottcha covered for dive 1.

Ross would you be down to do the clay walls instead? Current might be up a little, but it'd be nice to hit something other than the T-dock for me.

LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I had forgotten another commitment. I'll be in Cove 2.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

Instead of the T-Dock anyone want to go to the State Park and look for lost gear? (See other threads!)
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Peter Guy wrote:Instead of the T-Dock anyone want to go to the State Park and look for lost gear? (See other threads!)
See the post above Lynne's, I'm game if anybody else is. I'd like to drop to the clay wall for a bit, then come back up and we can look for the lost gear while off gassing a bit.

renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I'm game for dive one at the Lighthouse Park
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Ok, looks like dive 1 will be held at the Light house park. I'll try to be there as well.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I left my hood on the drying rack today. #-o

I learned today that I can do 43 minutes in Puget Sound without a hood. :partydance:

Don't do this unless you REALLY want to dive...

Sadly we didn't find any weights or Peters mask, but vis above 20' was terrible, so it's not a great surprise.

Thanks to Mattley and Ross for making it out to dive 1.

Jake

markwilson
Just Settling In

Post by markwilson »

Hoods are optional in August and September.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

markwilson wrote:Hoods are optional in August and September.

uh......yeah! :joshsmith: ok.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Funny -- I was helping a new diver with weighting issues today, which involved 15 minutes or so of standing in the water with no gloves on. I was amazed at how well I coped. Summer may not be overly evident on land, but it's sure perceptible in the water!
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:Ok, looks like dive 1 will be held at the Light house park. I'll try to be there as well.
I was going to try to make Dive 1 at the park with you guys, but ended up completely emeshed in editing that I somehow just couldn't pull myself away from!

How was the vis down on the lower wall? Have the gunnels started their "annual Fall take-over" or were the holes still mostly filled with shrimp? What did you see? Inquiring minds want to know! :rawlings:

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

John Rawlings wrote:
Mattleycrue76 wrote:Ok, looks like dive 1 will be held at the Light house park. I'll try to be there as well.
I was going to try to make Dive 1 at the park with you guys, but ended up completely emeshed in editing that I somehow just couldn't pull myself away from!

How was the vis down on the lower wall? Have the gunnels started their "annual Fall take-over" or were the holes still mostly filled with shrimp? What did you see? Inquiring minds want to know! :rawlings:

- John
Vis was pretty good on the wall, 15-20'. A few gunnels, it felt like a LOT of rockfish. There were a few shrimp, but the wall was not taken over with them as it usually is in summer. I think it's in transition, lots of empty holes.

John if you want to do the wall in the afternoon sometime, let me know. I love that dive.

Jake

Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

Thanks everyone. Oh well.