Diving 5/06/06

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Diving 5/06/06

Post by sparky »

Ok Gang here is the deal:

I have had it up to here :violent1: with this ( !!!%%$$##@%%$) remoldeling and working on saturdays so I told the wife and the boss both I am out and I am not to be called or ask to do a damn trhing on Saturday May the 6th as the answer will be a resounding NO!!! As I will be diving with my dive club up in the Seattle area and you cant reach me there any way ( I dont have a cell phone you see )

So lets start planning this now. What do the tides look like for that weekend at Sunrise Beach I have never dove that site and I hear it rocks,
acording to me dive club buddies its a grate site

So what do you guys think how about we put something together for that saturday?

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

The tides look great that day. However, I have an Open Water class to work with that morning (I'm currently doing Divemaster training). Since I really do want to dive with you I'm more than happy to do 2 sets of dives that day if the timing works out (the OW class dives are early in the morning). Dave will be back by then so it will for sure be put together, since Sunrise is one of his favorite sites. I hope I can go Sparky! :bounce:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Calvin:

I am bringing at least 4 tanks I have 2 steal 119s and 2 AL 80s and If you would like I would be more then willing to waite for you
but I am doing at least one dive in the morning Bro lol

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
bet63
Frequent Bubbler

Post by bet63 »

Sparky,

The tides look good for an 8am splash at Day Island Wall on Sat May 5th.
How would that work with your schedule?

Brian
Tacoma Scuba
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Sparky I am in Hoodcanal that whole week, and am diving on the 7th of may either at sund rock or octopus hole. this dive is already planned as I am shrimping for the week. You can join me and a few others if you would like. the area is not tide sensitive.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Hey sparky good to see that your gonna make it up to dive finally! You pick the place and i will be there bro!!! :occasion5:
Who run barter town?
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Hmmm... Sparky, you should do whatever makes sense as far as tides and good diving are concerned. I'll try to join but I don't want you to plan anything around me since I don't know how long these students will take. Unfortunately my deal with the classes won't allow me to get out to Hood Canal to meet up with Maverick here. Shoot! #-o
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Sparky,
Not sure what I have going on yet other than my regular work day.
If possible, I would like to join up with you and/or the club later in the afternoon or ...
Maybe a night dive would be possible. (Three Tree point?)
I'll keep an eye on this thread and let you know how things come together for me on this end.

Sat. May 6th is Sparky's "Get Wet again Day!" :wav:
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Sparky is going to get wet!!!!!! Cheers to your wife for easing up on the ol' honey do list!!!Looks to me like I may well be up North that day getting salty my self.... I believe I owe you a boat dive ....summer is upon us so I am sure we'll be diving together soon.
CONGRATS on your upcoming dive dive Spark I was getting worried about you!!!

:rr:
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Ok gang I dont care where we dive just as long as we dive .
I do have the hole day so I might even be talked in to a night or early evening dive.

Some one plan a dive for that day and ill be there I am even going to try to brake Jay AKA Lostinbrownsmeed out that weekend as well

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

why dont we do a couple of dives at sunrise then..
Who run barter town?
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

?!?!?!?
:partyman:
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

sounds good to me
lets work out the detailes

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
lostnbrownsmead
Avid Diver

Sparky Have fun

Post by lostnbrownsmead »

Sparky have a great dive. I wont be able to make it. I can finally see after eye surgery yea \:D/ but I wont be diving until at least the May 13th. Have fun

Jay
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

so is sunrise gonna be the plan or does anybody have any ideas... hood canal would be cool if you would want to dive there sparky!! mabey a club consensious??
Who run barter town?
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Calvin wrote:The tides look great that day. However, I have an Open Water class to work with that morning (I'm currently doing Divemaster training). Since I really do want to dive with you I'm more than happy to do 2 sets of dives that day if the timing works out (the OW class dives are early in the morning). Dave will be back by then so it will for sure be put together, since Sunrise is one of his favorite sites. I hope I can go Sparky! :bounce:
Hey calvin I just noticed that you are doing your DM training!! Hey right on man thats a good course and a confidence builder...
Who run barter town?
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Thanks diverdown, it has been pretty tough but rewarding so far. I'm not the best (surface) swimmer :toimonster:

Did you get the shirts ok?
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I havent even looked yet i will check the dive shop in the morning...
Who run barter town?
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I could be talked in to diving just about any place
I wont be diving with the wrolds greatest dive budy this trip as you may have seen Jay cant make it so where are we diving I would like to make at least 2 dives maybe more depending on the tides and how tired you guys get.

I would like to do more diving that weekend but just cant talk MoMA out of the Bing for a room so its a day trip for the Sparkster

But I do have all day and can drive home that night

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

ok just wondering :

If any one is ready to comit to a Saturday the 6th day of fun and diving with the Spark- amaniac????? I am getting real excited only 4 more days till I can get wet I am so ready to dive.

I have been teasing the wife told her I was driving up Friday after work, to get in a night dive and camping out in my truck at the dive site so I could be the first diver in the water in the morning LOL

I almost had her talked in to letting me get a room Saturdaynight but I guess I spent tomuch $$$ at the home Depo the other day

So ill be doing the day trip thing after all

So who is going and where are we meting and which site do you guys want to do?

you lead ill follow

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Sparky, I'll be out at Alki, we can do Cove 2 if you want after I do the two Cove 3 dives with the Open Water class. I figure you'd want to do something more spectacular than just 'ol Cove 2 though, so you let me know what you want to do. The OW class should be done with their stuff by around Noon or so.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Hey sparky if you are ok with alki I can meet you there.. and then fish and chips and story swappin afterwards.. :partyman:
Who run barter town?
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Alki works for me . I never get tired of diving there I just get tired from the long swim

its a long Ass way out to that bouy you know.

and I love fish and chips and even more then that I love story swapin

ok so what time can you make a morning dive ?

im in for any time
then just run down the street to fill up the tanks and hit the water againe with the Calvinator

what time do you want to meet up ?

im bringing all 4 of my tanks so ill be good to go

or we could do what ever you wanted im not easy Diver Down but I do have

Reasonable rates !!!!

I would like to make a side trip down Tacoma Way if I can manage it to pop in and see what kind of Donuts Wallie has at the Shop
havent heard a lot from him latly need to see whats new at Tacoma Scuba.

but I could save that for when Jay is able to come along he realy liked those guys too.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Sparky the Alki Dive shop is out of Business, you can't suvive on just filling are, so they went up in smoke.

Better bring all four tanks.

I will be in hoodcanal so wont be joining you,sorry, but if you do get a room you can dive sunday with us. :bootyshake:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Dave :

Are you in for Saturday or what after all the crap you gave me about not diving you are sure silent on this Saturdays Dive .
Whats UP bro you going to be able to join in or what I sure hope so

Mav not sure if im going to beable to make it out to Hood Canal this trip or not but there is always nest time

hope to see everyone there
or any place I truly dont care just need to get wet real badl

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man