Diving 5/06/06

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I work untill 2:30 on Sat.
I could meet up at Three Tree N. or somewhere South(Tacoma) if you guys are diving later in the afternoon.

Maybe there is a slack time for Titlow?

Three Tree N. is about 12 minuts from my work is why I suggested that site. :walk:

I'll keep an eye on this posting
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

May 6th Current chart shows aprox 1.8 knots @ 4:00 pm.

Is that too strong for Titlow or Sunrise? :dontknow:
:toimonster:

Otherwise, there is a slack time @ 7:55 pm.

Not sure if anyone would be interested in a 7:00 or 7:30 pm dive?

Sure would be alot eisier if I didnt havre to work that Day ](*,)
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Well,
I just lost diving privliges for this Saturday.

Dove Last saturday and I have other things planed for the other 3 Saturdays in May. #-o (Not associated with Diving , Yet :angry5: )

So my Wife has kindly :axe: asked me to spend this Saturday with her.

](*,) I've been Sparky-Ized :violent3:

Have a great Dive, Guy's :salute:
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Sparky-ized, thats funny, but crappy
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Bassman thats to funny I still ROFLMAO

over that one

hey hold a tic yuor mocking HUH?

oh well the truth hurts even if it comes from your dive Club

Sparky :bootyshake:
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Hey Sparky, what do you think of coming up a different weekend? I'm still available for a third dive (after the class) on Saturday or Sunday (Sunday is better for me), but I've realized that just about everyone else is unavailable. We had a terrific club dive tonight with 8 of us and it was a great time, with beer and pizza after. It'd be a shame for you to finally get all the way up here and not get to meet everyone. BJ is in Hood Canal, Dave is in the San Juans, I am in classes (so likely won't be up for 4 dives that day, 3 is probably doable) and diverdown is the only other person who I think might be able to make it. I'm thinking that it'd be great if you could make it for a weekend dive at Sunrise, my favorite spot around here, with a bunch of us. Just a suggestion. What do you think?
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Hey Sparky I bet Your Wife and Mine would get a good Laugh if they get to meet one day.
Mine Likes to Talk alot, How about yours? :laughing3:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I would like to dive on Monday at Slack Tide in the afternoon.
After 4:00 pm.

Not sure if I'm lookin at the current table online correctly but it looks like a good time to dive Sunrise or Day Island.

Anyone got some good advise here?

:dontknow:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Bassman my wife ( Mollie ) loves to sit a round and shot the BREEEZZZEEE! she is realy warm and oipen so I would bet they hit it off just fine.

Calvin as to the diving for me its this weekend or nothing for atleast 2 weeks so im going to dive if I have to dive Solo.

Diver down give some thought to meeting up with MAV in the Hood Canal I can drive to Akli or the Hood Canal in about the same time

OR just give me a call
( 503) 861-2611 tonight or tomorrow night I am usaly home any time after 5:30

or leave a message and ill contact you

but i am so gone diving this weekend you have no idea the strings I had to pull to get this saturday off.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Cool, well we're not going to let you dive solo. Just let me know what you decide to do. Sunday would be better for me but I can make Saturday work. So, if Hood Canal and Alki can fit into the picture please take that into consideration. Sparky's gonna get wet finally. Wooohooooo! :fish: :walk:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

yes and he cant waite have gear all but packed and there is still tow days to go
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Hey sparky ive been putting in some long hours this past few days.. soory i havent gotten back with you.. im planning on diving sat if you want to go to alki i will be there what time you think you gonna make it up here by??
Who run barter town?
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Diver down I can under stand the long hours I had a 13 hour day yesterdy my butt is still draging lol

I was thinking to be at Alki by about 8:00 in the morning ill leave home about 2 or 3 stop for breakfast and be there by about then work for you?

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I'll be there guys, but I'll be tied up in the open water class from about 8am to 11 or so. Don't change the plan around me. We can still grab some fish and chips after. I'll bring a third tank just in case. \:D/
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Hey Guys, I seem to have caught a touch of Sparkyitus,,, I have been working and sleeping and haven't had time to even look at the board!!! I need to nail down my dive plan but I am pretty sure I am diving in the San Juans Saturday I'll know for sure this afternoon and post accordingly.... ](*,)
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Diving in San Juans. I guess a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do. Huh?

Must be tuff! Making those kind of decisions.

I'm getting tired of the, not where, but when or "If" I can Dive decisions.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

sounds good to me sparky i will be there i drive a 2005 chev 3/4ton pu..
look for union sticker on back window..
Who run barter town?
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

well with gas prices what they are these days
I will be driving my wifes little Green Suzuki Eteem it gets like a milloin miles toi the galon or at least if we compare it to my big Dodge Ramcharger

And I am bring 4 tanks and a love for sea food so I gess this is a do

any one else wanting to join in the fun fell free to join in

see you guys then .

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

got your mesg sparky see you in the morn.. :partyman:
Who run barter town?
sparky
I've Got Gills

5/06/06 Dive Report

Post by sparky »

Well first off I must say thanks to Diver Down and his lovely wife Tracey.

We hooked up at Alki Cove #2
at alittle after 7:00 wheather I thought was just righ not to cold and it never did get any hoter then mid 50s out side

I had a heck of a time with my weight belt and actuly droped the damn thing and DiverDown had to recover it for me
so after we swam out to the boundries line and droped down we slowly worked out way to the I Beams at about 80 feet water temp was like 42 degrees and the vis was maybe 10 to 15 feet but it was still a grate dive

Poor Tracey started to have trouble with her Reg about the time we decided to turn a round so she was dealing with that all the way back Diver down shot some Video and I had a grate time

During our SI we seen one of my diving Mentors Bob Bailey aka NW GreatfullDiver so that was a treat for me

Diver down and I made our second dive and he shot some more Video
found a hedge Ling on both dives hang out near the sunkin boat about 1/2 way to the Ibeams and seen some coper Rock Fish I had never seen one in the wild before so I was tickled

we got a bout 30 min botom time both dives so I was pleased and had a grate time thanks Diver down and Tracy you guys still have to make the trip down this way now so I can take you to one of my favorite spots down here.

I also got to meet the Tangster ( Calvin ) as he was getting ready to take his class dive and we hooked up for fich and chips after our dives.
picked up my club shirt and some of the indoor stickers, I even made a side trip to Tacome to see how the guys were doing there.
Wallie was not in so I had a nice viset with Brain ( I hope thats right im so bad with names )

Picked up a crouch strap for my Trans Pack and Brain helped me to get it adjusted properly I had two of my D Rings in the wrong spots.

I almost went for a dive after Brain got off work at les Davis with him but decided I had beter head home besides I was getting kind of tired.

and I wanted to thank every one for being so kind
you guys rock.
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Sparky, you are one nice guy, it was a pleasure to meet you and we'll have to get together soon so that I can actually do a dive with you (though the fish n chips were good too). :supz:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Calvin:
I was realy glad to meet you to Bro it is so much nicer to have a face to put with the name.

and the Fish and chips Rock.

I look foward to meeting every one and of corse diving with them

Thanks to Jayson and Tracyas well you guys are the best

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Sparky, I don't think I would've recognized you from your avatar, is that an older photo? It is nice to put a name to a face, isn't it?
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Sparky,
Glad to hear you had a great couple of dives :supz:

Were you at the Underwater Sports Shop in
Tacoma Around 6:30 pm - 7:00 pm on Sat?
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Calvin no thats maybe 4 or 5 month old I just started Shaveing my head a couple weeks a go first dive with the new hair cut was not as bad as I thought it would be

and Bassman no I thought about running over there but went to Viset the guys at Tacome Scuba instead

And about the time in question I was well on my way home got home aboyt 8:00 or so I think it was

sorry to have missed ya but next time right ?

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man